NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

Yeah but Elton Brand is the new GM for the 76ers, and that makes me happy. I was always a big fan of his as a kid when he first came into the league. Still under 40 too, so pretty great to see him already in such a huge role. 

On Butler, he wants to go to the Knicks, Nets, or Clippers because those are the only teams that have the cap space to offer him a max contract. Just shows he only cares about money, not winning. 

On Brand, I'm happy the 76ers gave him the job too. Mainly because they were looking at the Jazz's assistant GM and I'm not ready to lose him yet.

As a Nets fan I want no part of trading for Butler. He is anti-young players and that's what the Nets are built on. Plus he wants a big max deal, and for a guy turning 30 in the off-season and playing a boatload of minutes for Thibs, I don't like the odds of him being a top 15-20 player for much longer.

• 3 weeks later...

It's possible Sky have picked up the rights, although that's based on there being several "TBA" slots or filler shows on Sky Sports Arena over the next few weeks which correspond to times when the biggest games would be on, not on any actual fact.

5 hours ago, Chris2K said:

It's possible Sky have picked up the rights, although that's based on there being several "TBA" slots or filler shows on Sky Sports Arena over the next few weeks which correspond to times when the biggest games would be on, not on any actual fact.

Trying to follow a particular team over there must be maddening.

But not as maddening as following the Knicks. :( 

Yes, I am obsessed with following this story.

It looks like Sky have it, they have a Twitter page set up:

@SkySportsNBA

Over 170 live games, including the playoffs and NBA finals. Sky Sports - the new home of the NBA.

170 live games means almost every night of the season, so even more coverage than BT had. Hopefully it's all true and not someone just being a dick.

EDIT: 76ERS/CELTICS AND WARRIORS/ROCKETS ARE SCHEDULED FOR 1AM ON WEDNESDAY ON MAIN EVENT AND ARENA! And thus my three months of worrying finishes with a happy ending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lars Kuyt said:

So the nba.tv site is doing weird for me, hopefully they have it fixed when OKC plays Golden State. Hopefully we'll have a decent season, I bet were are not that great until Roberson and Westbrook are back. But it could be a fun year for us!

Considering you’re an OKC fan, NBA.tv may be trying to do you a favor... 😛 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Considering you’re an OKC fan, NBA.tv may be trying to do you a favor... 😛 

:P I started following the NBA around 2011, so OKC was young and I just started watching them lol. 

No no, that only applies to Timberwolve fans!

Anyway, can't wait for the season to start!