2018 College Football thread

Lineker

3-star recruit and Arkansas Razorbacks linebacker Demetrius Walker arrested on weapon, drug charges

:(

Demetrius "Dee" Walker is charged with possession of a controlled substance, intent to deliver (both marijuana and Xanax), and simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, according to Fayetteville Police. Authorities searched his residence and found 95.8 grams of marijuana, 40 Xanax pills, "multiple" individual and sandwich baggies, a digital scale and a DPMS Panther Arms model AR-15 rifle with one loaded magazine, according to a preliminary report.

Yeah, if they won't even start by taking babysteps then fuck 'em, really. They get left out because they play cupcakes, then they complain that no one wants to play them, then they complain when the big schools do want to play them but on their terms. Here's your chance to show on a yearly basis you belong in the playoff hunt and you're turning it down, because it's not exactly what you want. Enjoy getting just a pat on the head for finishing 12-0 after beating South Carolina State and Florida Atlantic. 

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, if they won't even start by taking babysteps then fuck 'em, really. They get left out because they play cupcakes, then they complain that no one wants to play them, then they complain when the big schools do want to play them but on their terms. Here's your chance to show on a yearly basis you belong in the playoff hunt and you're turning it down, because it's not exactly what you want. Enjoy getting just a pat on the head for finishing 12-0 after beating South Carolina State and Florida Atlantic. 

They aren't even halfway to Oklahoma yet, and Bud Wilkinson had to play Nebraska every year.

Also, I honestly think Army would beat them, so they aren't even the best G5.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Justin Herbert will be an Oregon Duck again next season which is a total bonus to us college fans. I'm still not sure what to make of him as a potential NFL quarterback (I don't think I'd want him in Denver, even as terrible as we are), but no one can deny he's not a very good college quarterback. 

Boston College and Boise State’s bowl game went into a weather delay during the first quarter, and after several hours they decided to cancel it.  Not postpone it, fully cancel it.  It will not be played.

This tells you about how valuable these ten million bowl games are.  If you aren’t in the playoffs, you’re in a meaningless consolation game.  Players headed to the draft are in the right for skipping them.

• Like 1

It’s a nice reward for the players. They get a vacation to somewhere (usually) warm and get gifts from the bowl sponsors, which they’re not allowed to do any other time of the year. It may be a worthless game to you, but to about 40 or 50 of those kids, it’ll likely be the last time they ever have a chance to play football.

That said, Boise/Boston College was the game I was most looking forward to yesterday, so I can’t say I was surprised it was the one that got canceled. I always bring the bad juju when looking forward to something. :lol: