NFL 2018

Lineker

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

He's less the "WWE one" and more like literally the orthopedic surgeon for top level athletes. 

I didn't mean it in a way where I think he just works for WWE. I just meant, is he the same one I've heard mentioned in relation to WWE a lot.

It's not really anything to do with a bubble either, I'm not exactly someone who keeps abreast of orthopaedic surgery across all elite US sports? The NFL is the only America-centric sport I follow.

13 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

This may seem like an odd question but it just occurred to me. If you score a TD then get your extra point blocked can you recover it and run it in for 2 points? Can the holder throw a pass?

Yes the kicking team can turn a botched XP into 2 pts, and I believe the defending team can turn a blocked XP or botched XP into 2 pts of their own as well.

23 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

This may seem like an odd question but it just occurred to me. If you score a TD then get your extra point blocked can you recover it and run it in for 2 points? Can the holder throw a pass?

The holder can throw a pass. This is why I always figure I would have my back up QB as my holder always.

7 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Ravens win again. Over 200 yards rushing, held the ball for 38 minutes. Just incredible that in 2018 the idea of a run-heavy ball control offense feels like a revelation.

And now just need the Patriots to beat the Steelers today to be in with a large shot at topping AFC North. Given how decidedly average a Flacco-led Ravens looked earlier in the season, this is strange.

49 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Ravens win again. Over 200 yards rushing, held the ball for 38 minutes. Just incredible that in 2018 the idea of a run-heavy ball control offense feels like a revelation.

So many things change in this sport, but finding success running the football will almost always be a path to victory. You won’t necessarily win every game, but you’re much more likely than throwing it fifty times every game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DMN said:

Don't tell anyone, but I wouldn't mind seeing Philip Rivers get a Super Bowl just so people will actually recognize him as the best QB in his draft class.

I actually agree with you, but some people gonna be like o_O to that.