2019 College Football Thread

Depends on what you mean as “terrible”. That program was garbage and he assembled a pretty awesome roster, only to get fired in his third year which allowed Houston Nutt to reap the benefits. 

Speaking of which, one of my favorite sports books is Meat Market which follows Oregeron in his last year at Ole Miss. 

I used to always be in the “stay in school” camp but with the reality of injuries, I’m now more of the thought that guys should try to get paid as soon as they feel they are able...but even if they do leave early, take classes during the spring and summer semesters and finish up that degree.

But, as Meacon said, sometimes the college experience outweighs everything else, and that experience varies person to person.

Matt Leinart is still the top example of that for me.  With all the talk on Rodgers trying to get revenge on the Niners last Sunday, Smith vs Rodgers never would’ve been a discussion as Leinart was the clear #1 pick.  But he stayed in school and with all the pics that surfaced around then in the early days of social media, it sure seemed like he was partying all the time and had a countless amount of girls throwing themselves at him.  Can easily see why a 21/22 year old would be swayed.