2019 College Football Thread

A lot of fun bowl matchups.

Alabama versus Michigan in the Citrus could and probably should be a drubbing if Alabama actually shows up to play.

Memphis/Penn State in the Cotton could be fun, as should the Rose Bowl of Wisconsin/Oregon.

And of course the playoff of 1) LSU versus 4) Oklahoma in the Peach Bowl and 2) Ohio State versus 3) Clemson in the Fiesta.

Eli Drinkwitz is off to coach Mizzou. I think he could be a good hire but we have 1 year of evidence of him coaching someone else's players. Just think you always gotta give someone more time.

I assume Norvell isn't coaching Memphis in the Cotton Bowl? I always hate that. I feel like NCAA should move recruiting deadlines so that coaches can take a new job and not start it until the day after the bowl game.

They just moved it up two years ago, so I wouldn’t count on them moving it back any time soon. But yeah it does suck, for the players at least.

And agreed on Drinkwitz. He may be the next great football coach, but one year seems like a blind leap of faith. No one has any idea if he can build a program or even sustain one since he literally had one season with an already talented roster in place. Can’t fault the guy for taking the job though.

Sam Pittman's the new Razorbacks head coach. Prior to this, he was assistant HC and offensive line coach for the UGA Bulldogs. He was also an assistant HC to Bret Bielema when he was the Hogs coach.

Willie Taggart is going to take over the FAU program. I love that hire. He found success as the USF head coach, and FAU is already talented and in that same range as a program. He should do well there.

Steve Addazzio, who by most accounts is a terrible human, has taken over the wholesome program of Colorado State.

App State promoted Shawn Clark from offensive line/interim head coach to full time coach to replace Eli Drinkwitz.

And Chip Long, after leading Notre Dame to it's statistical best offensive season in school history (thanks to passing, because we couldn't run worth shit) will not be returning to Notre Dame next season. Kind of torn on that, because 1) our offense was about as vanilla as can be and he tried way too hard to get cute with his play-calling, but 2) I'm now worried Ian Book does a grad transfer, because not many 5th-year guys want to learn a new offense in their last season. If he has to learn a new offense, he'll likely just want a fresh start completely after all the boo-birds from when he struggled earlier this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

CFP today. I've got LSU over Oklahoma and Clemson over Ohio State.

Then I've got Clemson over LSU in the National Championship. I'm going to miss a chunk of the Peach Bowl today, as it's my mother-in-law's birthday and I have to go out to dinner. Luckily it's going to be at a Mexican Restaurant with TVs so I'll be able to strain to see it from our booth. :lol:

But the Irish at noon and I'll be home in time for the whole Fiesta Bowl. Should be a fun day of football. :D

• Like 1

Should be two great games today, with Oklahoma as the only team that probably doesn’t have real shot at winning it all, but who knows, Hurts has been there before.