2019 College Football Thread

1 hour ago, Carlos Buschtran said:

Every so often in the draft, the first pick is such a shoo-in that they sign before the draft even happens.

Might well happen with Joe Burrow and the Bengals.

The fact that he’s from Ohio, won the Heisman, May win the national title, and could be drafted by his hometown team is an ESPN wet dream come true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Redshirt freshman last year probably?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

Redshirt, in United States college athletics, is a delay or suspension of an athlete's participation to lengthen their period of eligibility. Typically, a student's athletic eligibility in a given sport is four seasons, aligning with the four years of academic classes typically required to earn a bachelor's degree at an American college or university. However, in a redshirt year, student athletes may attend classes at the college or university, practice with an athletic team, and "suit up" (wear a team uniform) for play – but they may compete in only a limited number of games, (see "Use of status" section). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom's Side Chick said:

I'm confused. I just turned on the game and the pregame guy said "Freshman Trevor Lawrence" and then his very next words were "Here's what he did last year".

2 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Redshirt freshman last year probably?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

Or he just misspoke?

Well that was an exciting game!

I still think Clemson wins it all. I’m less confident after what LSU did to Oklahoma, but despite how hard the commentators get for Alex Grinch, that Oklahoma defense is still putrid from a national perspective, so they were always going to give up tons of points.

I’m expecting the championship to be another classic though. I’m thinking 45-42-ish.