NFL 2019

Maxx

Didn't McCoy beat Dallas in their own backyard about 5 years back in similar circumstances?

Everytime I hear Colt McCoy I think back to Madden 11 where I ended up facing the Browns in the Super Bowl one season.  Game went to OT, I missed a FG on my first possession and the Browns then drove down field for a walkoff FG.

One of the few times I didn't mind losing in Madden just because of the absurdity of Colt McCoy holding up a Browns jersey with Obama.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I'm baffled because I thought Colt McCoy had been out of the league for years? Thought he retired for some reason. 

McCoy has been with Washington since 2014. He's just been a backup and hasn't played in more than 3 games a season since 2014, and didn't play at all in 2016. He started 3 games last year after Alex Smith got hurt, but ended up with a broken leg.

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

They are absolutely going to destroy Haskins. Such a shame. He's from there, he's the perfect franchise savior.

Haskins is obviously not ready and throwing him out there will be far more detrimental to his career. They also have absolutely nothing on offense and a walking dead coaching staff.

Just now, DMN said:

Haskins is obviously not ready and throwing him out there will be far more detrimental to his career. They also have absolutely nothing on offense and a walking dead coaching staff.

They'll throw him out there after McCoy gets pounded into the ground in the 1st half. He'll get crushed and then rinse & repeat. I didn't really think Haskins should've played all season but it's hard to do that when your window to win is basically while a franchise QB is on a rookie deal. Washington is gonna be rebuilding through basically all of that.

4 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

They'll throw him out there after McCoy gets pounded into the ground in the 1st half. He'll get crushed and then rinse & repeat. I didn't really think Haskins should've played all season but it's hard to do that when your window to win is basically while a franchise QB is on a rookie deal. Washington is gonna be rebuilding through basically all of that.

I agree with that, I thought you meant that not playing him would be worse, which is a take I've seen, especially with the success of Daniel Jones.

They're the Redskins, they're the team that people act like the Raiders are. Daniel Snyder is a piece of shit, players don't trust the organization, and even their name is an antiquated relic. Of course they're going to ruin Haskins, they ruined a sure thing in RGIII and Haskins is far from a sure thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DMN said:

I agree with that, I thought you meant that not playing him would be worse, which is a take I've seen, especially with the success of Daniel Jones.

They're the Redskins, they're the team that people act like the Raiders are. Daniel Snyder is a piece of shit, players don't trust the organization, and even their name is an antiquated relic. Of course they're going to ruin Haskins, they ruined a sure thing in RGIII and Haskins is far from a sure thing.

Yeah the Raiders make a lot of noise, but Washington is incompetently run. There is daily front office drama. Sycophants make up the majority of jobs there. And Snyder is willing to move the team to like Loudon County or even Richmond if he'll get a stadium deal there.

It's like Snyder saw the way Peter Angelos ran the Orioles and said "I'll do it like that."

I already hated the Redskins, but Snyder being their owner just makes it easier and more delicious when they suck. The money-grubbing jerk once considered charging fans to watch team practices....at a time when the team was horrible. And didn't Washington once have the most players who failed drug tests?

19 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I'm baffled because I thought Colt McCoy had been out of the league for years? Thought he retired for some reason. 

You're not alone, I thought he'd retired too.

McCoy is 1-0 against the Pats though...granted it was a win with the Browns about 8 years ago.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

You're not alone, I thought he'd retired too.

McCoy is 1-0 against the Pats though...granted it was a win with the Browns about 8 years ago.

I find that somehow more impressive that Colt McCoy won a game against the Pats WITH THE BROWNS.

Was it the year Brady got Pollarded?