NFL 2020

Lineker

As an Eagles fan, I'm 100% okay with losing here, and again next week, to have a better draft pick. This is a dumpster fire of a team right now. Barely any weapons on offense, the O-line and secondary are both disasters, and the cap ain't good either. Club needs a blow up at this point 

14 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

As an Eagles fan, I'm 100% okay with losing here, and again next week, to have a better draft pick. This is a dumpster fire of a team right now. Barely any weapons on offense

It's almost like your front office drafted Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson, or Tee Higgins, or Laviska Sheanult, or Chase Claypool, or...

At least you did find your franchise quarterback in the second round after giving your other franchise quarterback a new contract. :lol: 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Merry_Lintmas said:

This has nothing to do with Haskins immaturity, but he is the latest in a line of Ohio State QBs who have amounted to nothing whatsoever in the NFL.  I just can’t see that changing if the Jets take Justin Fields.

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

So do I still want the Rams to win next week? Just curious what back up plan I need if we can't beat the Pack

If the Bears and Cards win, then the Rams miss out. If the Rams win then I think you're in regardless of your own result but I may be wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

At this point, the Jets are probably better off taking Sewell and rolling out with Darnold another year

Their fanbase will burn it all down if they don't take Fields. But it's such a smarter decision to actually build something. Trade down or take Sewell are the decisions good organizations make.

Yeah Green Bay are the most complete team in the NFC despite wasting their first two picks in the most recent draft. New Orleans has the defense but Brees looks washed and hurt. Bucs are strong but susceptible to a good pass rush, as all Brady teams tend to be. I don't trust the Seahawks defense though they have been playing better as of late. I don't trust the Rams offense at all. And the other 2 playoff teams from that conference are non-factors.

Damn, I almost made a miracle comeback in my game thanks to Mike Evans and Aaron Rodgers.  After Kamara went off I joked that it would take a 6 TD night from Rodgers to come back and he probably could’ve pulled it off with how he looked tonight.  Friggin Titans being unable to stop AJ Dillon on the ground.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Their fanbase will burn it all down if they don't take Fields. But it's such a smarter decision to actually build something. Trade down or take Sewell are the decisions good organizations make.

The Jets aren't a good organization to begin with, and their fan base is never happy.

• Like 1

• Admin
5 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

At this point, the Jets are probably better off taking Sewell and rolling out with Darnold another year

5 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I was just saying that to my dad on Christmas. If the Jets had a lick of sense, take the best left tackle in the draft and work from there.

Mekhi Becton has looked pretty good for them, no? 

Best move the Jets can make is trading down.

8 hours ago, damshow said:

Seeing a lot of them want Wilson over Fields. I think they got so locked into Lawrence being a Jet they never really considered anything else.

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

Seeing a lot of them want Wilson over Fields. I think they got so locked into Lawrence being a Jet they never really considered anything else.

There's been a lot of recent hype for Wilson. Idk, I'm not sold. Feels like he's that guy you convince can be good because he looks good against crap teams. He's got a cannon and can run effortlessly. But, what's he going to do against NFL-level DBs? Fields has played a much higher level of competition and has looked good against them.

I saw a recent mock that had Fields falling all the way to SF. If that happens the Niners should run to the podium. It gives them a ton of future security should they decide to move on from Jimmy G (which is constantly rumored).

Also, WFT-Eagles is the SNF game. Thrilling...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Regarding Becton he could easily be shuffled over to RT permanently to create two anchors on a line that should be good for years to come.

This.  LT always used the be viewed as the more important position to protect the QB’s blindside but metrics nowadays have largely supported that both tackle positions are equally important.  Especially with more and more teams having their best edge rusher line up across from the RT to try to exploit the matchup.

• Like 1