NFL 2020

Lineker

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Hiring Marvin Lewis really just makes firing Jim Caldwell even worse.  You already had a coach who was good enough to get you into playoff contention and not go any further.  To fire him, get worse and then hire someone else of that same caliber feels like a really lateral move.  I don’t know if Lewis looks record looks as decent as it does without the insanely long leash he got from Mike Brown.

Lewis was able to hang with and beat the Ravens and Steelers with more regularity than any coach not named Dungy or Belichick. He did it while dealing with Mike Brown's cheapness and near refusal to go the extra mile to build a winning team.

Look at the records of the coaches who immediately preceded him and now Zac Taylor. Dude is an aberration in that franchise.

Whether he's the best guy for a job on a team that really needs to rebuild is up to debate but I don't think he was some mediocre coach who just rode out and extremely long leash.

I’m just not impressed by wins over divisional opponents when nothing comes from it.  He played the Steelers and Ravens far more than Dungy and a Belichick. 0-7 in the playoffs is pretty damning.  I have no doubt he would make a fantastic defensive coordinator but I wouldn’t be pinning my hopes of building a winner on Marvin Lewis.

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I’m just not impressed by wins over divisional opponents when nothing comes from it.  He played the Steelers and Ravens far more than Dungy and a Belichick. 0-7 in the playoffs is pretty damning.  I have no doubt he would make a fantastic defensive coordinator but I wouldn’t be pinning my hopes of building a winner on Marvin Lewis.

Context is everything. We just had Matt Patricia. I'd literally hire any of us on here next after that dogshit. Lewis is a step or two or three up from him (though I do miss Caldwell). 

• Like 1

I’m glad the Cowboys are showing off how bad they are this week, rather than masquerading for another week, falling ass backwards into the playoffs and getting wrecked.  Ready for this season to be over.

• Like 1

The Browns are headed to the playoffs and a rematch with the Steelers. I would thoroughly enjoy it if the Steelers lost to the team they let waltz into the playoffs by benching their starters.

Ravens are in shouting distance of setting the single game record for most rushing yards as a team.