NFL 2020

Lineker

• Admin

draft order.PNG

The super-sized schedule for the opening weekend of the playoffs has been announced.

The NFL released the schedule for the Super Wild Card Weekend during the broadcast for Sunday's Washington Football Team-Philadelphia Eagles game.

Saturday, Jan. 9

AFC No. 7 seed Indianapolis Colts at AFC No. 2 seed Buffalo Bills, 1:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
NFC No. 6 seed Los Angeles Rams at NFC No. 3 seed Seattle Seahawks, 4:40 p.m. ET (FOX)
NFC No. 5 seed Tampa Bay Buccaneers at NFC No. 4 seed Washington Football Team, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 10

AFC No. 5 seed Baltimore Ravens at AFC No. 4 seed Tennessee Titans, 1:05 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN)
NFC No. 7 seed Chicago Bears at NFC No. 2 seed New Orleans Saints, 4:40 p.m. ET (CBS, Nick, Amazon Prime Video)
AFC No. 6 seed Cleveland Browns at AFC No. 3 seed Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, Telemundo, Peacock)

The Divisional Playoffs schedule will be announced once all wild card games have been played.

Aaron Rodgers had more passing TDs (48) than the Packers had punts all season (46). 

MVP surely. 

I was amazed at how many Giants fans were calling in to Philly sports talk radio this morning to complain about the Eagles “tanking”. I hate the Eagles as much as anyone, but fuck off if you think your 6-10 team deserved to go to the playoffs. If your team could have won only 7 frigging games you would’ve made the playoffs on your own. Giants fans have nobody but their own team to blame.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I was amazed at how many Giants fans were calling in to Philly sports talk radio this morning to complain about the Eagles “tanking”. I hate the Eagles as much as anyone, but fuck off if you think your 6-10 team deserved to go to the playoffs. If your team could have won only 7 frigging games you would’ve made the playoffs on your own. Giants fans have nobody but their own team to blame.

Completely agree.  Giants didn’t deserve to be there (well, really, nobody in that division does).  Evan Engram doesn’t whiff on an easy catch in the first Eagles game and none of it matters.

Pederson taking a dump on the integrity of the game is a separate issue.

5 hours ago, DFF said:

Aaron Rodgers had more passing TDs (48) than the Packers had punts all season (46). 

MVP surely. 

Dude is insane. Much as I think KC is probably the team to beat, I also feel like this is a year to not bet against Aaron Rodgers. Shit, drafting Jordan Love was probably a brilliant move by Green Bay because they pissed Rodgers off and he played even more out of his mind than normal. But yeah, I have a hard time betting against Green Bay this year being a 1 seed and Rodgers just being on a whole different level. Anything can happen and I certainly wont shed any tears if Green Bay doesn't go all the way, but he's so good. 

• Like 1

I mean, I actually want the Bills to win the Superbowl as a nice semi-left field choice. But I think everyone would love a Chiefs/Packers showdown. 

It's hard for me to see anything happening besides KC and Green Bay meeting in the Super Bowl.

Packers have a pretty easy path IMO, as the NFC is not that strong. The AFC is deep so KC could reasonably suffer an upset, but it's hard for me to see. Bills can score like mad but their defense is shaky. Steelers offense is shaky. Titans have no defense. Ravens can't play from behind. Browns and Colts are just happy to be there.

2 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

In the NFC, the only team I can see is possibly Seattle but that's going to require Russell Wilson also playing on another level. Which could certainly happen, but I think Green Bay is just a better team overall. 

Seattle, NO, and Tampa Bay are all good teams but GB is on another level. It's plausible Kamara carries the Saints to the Super Bowl but unlikely as RBs (and run-focused teams) typically falter in tight playoff games. Brady is Brady but that team has had way too many close calls this season for me to really count on them. Seattle's defense has improved this year but I still expect Rodgers to torch them in a playoff matchup. That said I'd agree they're likeliest to knock off the Pack just because of Wilson's arm.

NBC would've been happy regardless of the NFC East winner because it's either the great Smith/Rivera comeback continuing for another week, or big media markets in NY/Dallas with NY having the extra angle of getting Brady in another playoff game.

That said, FOX was always going to be hoping the East rep loses.  Markets aside, they want a Brady/Rodgers playoff meeting.

12 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I think Seattle is most likeliest, but still unlikely, to knock off Green Bay. Rodgers doesn’t lose at home often. He may actually be the real goat. Wilson slinging it in a snowy shootout is the only chance I give for a contender in the NFC other than the Pack.

Rodgers post-McCarthy makes you wonder how much he was held back by that largely incompetent man.

1 hour ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Now the question is how long until Urban Meyer is named the new head coach

And the next questions is how quickly will he quit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I think Seattle is most likeliest, but still unlikely, to knock off Green Bay. Rodgers doesn’t lose at home often. He may actually be the real goat. Wilson slinging it in a snowy shootout is the only chance I give for a contender in the NFC other than the Pack.

I think I might vomit