NFL 2020

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

And Pederson is pulling Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfield.  Openly throwing the game at this point.  Fuuuuuuuuuuck you!

To me if I'm the owner, this hack is gone. Yeh yeah yeah super bowl win a few years ago blah blah but mediocrity otherwise 

And the Eagles just deliberately jumped offsides on a hard count to seal it up for good.

I’m not upset that the 6-10 Giants aren’t going to the playoffs.  They don’t deserve it.  But seeing the hopes officially end on probably the most blatantly tanked game in league history is just a gut punch.

12 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

And the Eagles just deliberately jumped offsides on a hard count to seal it up for good.

I’m not upset that the 6-10 Giants aren’t going to the playoffs.  They don’t deserve it.  But seeing the hopes officially end on probably the most blatantly tanked game in league history is just a gut punch.

And tanked for what? What purpose did the loss serve?

7 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

And tanked for what? What purpose did the loss serve?

They now pick 6th instead of 9th.

Thing is, we always joke about tanking but players always reject the notion.  They are athletes, they are competitive their whole lives.  Some teams just suck but no player would ever want to throw a game.  It’s the coaches and front office’s job to think about next year, not the players.

Doug Pederson went out of his way to ensure a loss tonight, and they showed how pissed off Jason Kelce and others in the sidelines looked after the QB switch.  Pederson may have completely lost the locker room tonight.

2 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

Pederson may have completely lost the locker room tonight.

So they pick 3 spots earlier to draft a guy into a hostile locker room? Worth it!

1 minute ago, Buschie Lee said:

Thing is, we always joke about tanking but players always reject the notion.  They are athletes, they are competitive their whole lives.  Some teams just suck but no player would ever want to throw a game.  It’s the coaches and front office’s job to think about next year, not the players.

Doug Pederson went out of his way to ensure a loss tonight, and they showed how pissed off Jason Kelce and others in the sidelines looked after the QB switch.  Pederson may have completely lost the locker room tonight.

Yeah this is the clueless thing. Tbh I thought the whole game was going to be Sudfeld and they'd just let Hurts rest since they rested so many other starters. And then clearly the plan was always to give Sudfeld the 4th quarter anyway, but then they were in a close game.

He was coaching to win too, going for it on 4th & goal isn't what you do in a tankjob. Defense was going all out and almost won the game themselves late. A very weird game.

2 hours ago, Santa Brady said:

I hate you now because of quoting one of the four John Mellencamp songs classic rock stations are convinced are the only ones he's ever written.

Hurts So Good, Little Pink Houses, R.O.C. K. In The U.S.A., and the Jack & Diane?

I actually heard The Authority Song the other day on the local classic rock station, and about had a heart attack.

Also, its kind of a fucked up situation when I find myself not only pulling for Tom Brady in the playoffs (want the Bucs to smash the NFC East), but also when I'm pulling for a team I hate in the College National Championship game (Alabama) because the team that they're playing is one I also hate, but that doesn't actually deserve to be there (Ohio State).

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

He was coaching to win too, going for it on 4th & goal isn't what you do in a tankjob. Defense was going all out and almost won the game themselves late. A very weird game.

The drive before that, he passed on a field goal, instead opting to take a delay of game and punt.  I don’t think either decision was playing to win or lose as much as it is playing to avoid OT.

Either way pulling your promising QB in a close game in the 4th quarter was akin to waving the white flag.  I don’t know that I’ve ever heard Collinsworth bite his tongue more than the last 5 minutes of that game.  Truly baffling turn of events.

It’s whatever.  The Bucs cared about clinching the 5 seed today for a reason, this division is craptastic no matter who won it.

30 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Hurts So Good, Little Pink Houses, R.O.C. K. In The U.S.A., and the Jack & Diane?

I actually heard The Authority Song the other day on the local classic rock station, and about had a heart attack.

First two, yeah they're on the list. Other ones are whichever one has seemingly EVERY SINGLE LINE ending with some variant of 'small town' and Check It Out or however it goes

Other two you mentioned are five and six if my list went there by virtue of not getting as much playtime in my area. Still plenty but at a much more tolerable level.

The most glaring need the Giants have going into the offseason:  getting a WR capable of getting separation.  Separation is a fairly new advanced metric but Giants have been bottom 3 the last two seasons.  Everything is a contested catch.

Picking 11th probably puts them outside of Chase/Smith territory unless they do a trade, but maybe go with Waddle?  That or a big free agent signing like Godwin or Golladay, but they badly need someone who can actually get separation.  Jones has nobody to throw to.

1 hour ago, Buschie Lee said:

The drive before that, he passed on a field goal, instead opting to take a delay of game and punt.  I don’t think either decision was playing to win or lose as much as it is playing to avoid OT.

Ehh...the line of scrimmage on that kick would've been the 36, so it would've been..what...a 53 yard kick? 

Jake Elliot is 11 of 20 on 50+ yard kicks, hardly automatic.  Miss the kick and the WFT gets the ball in great field position or, if it falls short, risks a possible kick-6.  Plus it was the third quarter, when we were still only down by 3.  The punt kinda makes sense there.

Pulling Hurts for Sudefield is what makes zero sense

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I'm a little surprised Little Pink Houses gets as much airplay as it does - the lyrics are kinda left leaning for the corporate media world.