NFL 2020

Lineker

20 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

Alvin Kamara has tested positive.

So if the Saints win this week and get help they'll get the playoff bye and won't miss him in a playoff game, but that seems unlikely (need a three-way tie with Seattle and Green Bay). So their best hope is they get the 2-seed and face the Bears or Cardinals who are both very beatable teams. I wouldn't trust them in a situation where the Rams came to town though.

15 minutes ago, damshow said:

Wow they are super fucked.

Also Browns had to cancel practice again.

I feel like the NFL could have put a better plan in place 25 weeks ago just in the event this exact scenario happened.

I wish I had bookmarked that Tweet by Ian Rapoport back in August, bragging about how the NFL had it all figured out and the NCAA was dragging ass. 

It looks like the Eagles DC Jim Schwartz will let his contract run out and take a year off.

With that secondary of theirs, i dont blame him

36 minutes ago, damshow said:

Wow they are super fucked.

Also Browns had to cancel practice again.

I feel like the NFL could have put a better plan in place 25 weeks ago just in the event this exact scenario happened.

Forward-thinking in Gooddell's NFL?

SORCERY :angry:

12 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

At this rate there's not going to be a healthy quarterback in the arenas next week if even the analyst QBs are testing positive.

• Like 1

We are - or just have - interviewed Marvin Lewis for the HC job too. Wouldn't be a shabby combo I think. 

I could see Lewis taking the job, but why would Schneider make the jump from a proven, successful team that's been to multiple Super Bowls, to a team that's been rebuilding since the 1950's? The contract better have more money and job security.

6 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I could see Lewis taking the job, but why would Schneider make the jump from a proven, successful team that's been to multiple Super Bowls, to a team that's been rebuilding since the 1950's? The contract better have more money and job security.

The Seahawks weren’t that great of a franchise before he got there. They had never won a Super Bowl either before his arrival. He assembled the teams that went to those Super Bowls, so let’s not act like he walked into a “proven, successful team”. He may like the challenge of building teams up from scratch.

1 hour ago, DFF said:

We are - or just have - interviewed Marvin Lewis for the HC job too. Wouldn't be a shabby combo I think. 

Hiring Marvin Lewis really just makes firing Jim Caldwell even worse.  You already had a coach who was good enough to get you into playoff contention and not go any further.  To fire him, get worse and then hire someone else of that same caliber feels like a really lateral move.  I don’t know if Lewis looks record looks as decent as it does without the insanely long leash he got from Mike Brown.