NFL 2020

Lineker

16 hours ago, damshow said:

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

Smashing.

Could totally see someone like New Orleans throwing a heap of picks to Houston to have DeShaun takeover from Drew when the latter likely retires at the end of the season. 

Watt's almost definitely a goner.  He has no guaranteed money in 2021 so it's an easy way out of $17.5 million.  They might hold onto him a while just to see if anybody's willing to burn a draft pick to secure his rights, but I don't know how many teams will have the cap space to take on such a deal in a year where very few teams will be willing to spend.  So he might be someone that gets cut in the summer and gets to pick his own destination, but at a reduced price.

31 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

Watt's almost definitely a goner.  He has no guaranteed money in 2021 so it's an easy way out of $17.5 million.  They might hold onto him a while just to see if anybody's willing to burn a draft pick to secure his rights, but I don't know how many teams will have the cap space to take on such a deal in a year where very few teams will be willing to spend.  So he might be someone that gets cut in the summer and gets to pick his own destination, but at a reduced price.

I'd suspect with Bud Dupree almost surely gone he'd take a long look at lining up alongside his brother in Pittsburgh for a season.

Cardinals have fired WR coach David Raih whilst Pass Game Coordinator Tom Clements has retired. Looks like some much-needed changes coming to the Offensive coaching staff, will be interesting to see if Kliff relinquishes play-calling duties to someone new.

I agree but they had the same amount of misses (3) but Sanders had 10 more FGM and was 8 for 9 from 50+.

Hard to argue with anyone on that All Pro list although JC Jackson had 9 INTs and Ramsey had 1 but I know that Ramsey is Ramsey, most teams stayed away from him when they could. 

INTs aren't the best indicator of how good a DB is. I mean if you're Ed Reed they are but for a CB or a lot of elite safeties they simply do not have the ball thrown to them a lot if they're truly great. It's kind of like tackles for ILBs, they can get a ton of tackles if they're out of position a bit and let TEs catch on them all day or RBs plow through them and drag them 5 yards.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, damshow said:

INTs aren't the best indicator of how good a DB is. I mean if you're Ed Reed they are but for a CB or a lot of elite safeties they simply do not have the ball thrown to them a lot if they're truly great. It's kind of like tackles for ILBs, they can get a ton of tackles if they're out of position a bit and let TEs catch on them all day or RBs plow through them and drag them 5 yards.

Very true. Admittedly, I didn't watch many Patriots games but the ones I did watch that kid was all over the field making plays, which I'm sure had a lot to do with Gilmore being the other DB in that secondary. I think that almost makes his INTs that much better though because the QBs were "picking on" him more and he made the plays. Not going to argue with Ramsey being selected though because like you said and I mentioned, the great DBs don't have many balls thrown towards them.