Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

An extra 7 months of injuries? Is that how that works?

Getting real "if hitting the crossbar was a goal we'd win the league" vibes off this one.

Speaking of, Ollie Watkins has hit the woodwork more than anyone else this season. City would be sweating if those chances counted as goals...

• Haha 3

If Southampton would kindly lose to us so that we're off the bottom of the table, even if its just for 24 hours, I'd much appreciate it. Haha. 

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

You weren't getting Mbappe or Haaland anyway lol.

They wouldn't get ahead of Champions League Winner and meme legend Origi anyway

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metalman said:

Jeez. Imagine how miserable the Liverpool fans in this thread would be if they hadn’t  just won the league.

I would be far less miserable tbh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

I'll never not find official club accounts engaging in #bantz to be weird

'Morning Paddy' is far weirder.

Not going to even get into the fact that we should have been out of sight by the first half, what the fuck is that refereeing. Pieters handball from a yard away: no penalty, he's too close in proximity. Ten minutes later, Lacazette handball from a yard away: foul, free kick for Burnley. Come on.

VAR was spot on with the red card incident, but even then why the fuck has the ref sent him off for that? There's no way someone could see that as a straight red, and if it's a culmination of the past fuckin 3 handballs he's done why not give one of them? The inconsistency is ridiculous.

Anyway. Partey and Odegaard were great, Saka and Pepe could have been a bit sharper, and Willian is as useless as ever. People say Xhaka has improved, and blame Leno for that but there's no chance any midfielder in any other top 6 team does that. Leno should have blasted it up field but Xhaka takes a touch, looks up, sees Wood standing there and still tries the fancy pass. He's not the only problem but we're never going to climb the table with him.

2 hours ago, Naitch said:

Not sure what else an official football club Tik Tok account could even be used for, tbh.

I've never used TikTok but I'm sure there's better ways than what just feels like it was made by a fan not a club account.

I get the logic but I think it's not really a strategy I'm fond of. *shrug*  

14 minutes ago, Kaney said:

VAR was spot on with the red card incident, but even then why the fuck has the ref sent him off for that? There's no way someone could see that as a straight red, and if it's a culmination of the past fuckin 3 handballs he's done why not give one of them? The inconsistency is ridiculous.

If the ref deemed it handball (which he clearly did) then the red is his only option. Absolutely no way is it an accumulation of the handballs he didn't give.

Honestly I've seen the usual Twitter nonsense about refereeing corruption, but the onfield ref doesn't even see the not given one, and while you could say "you've seen them given", it's about two feet from Pepe's boot to Pieters arm and it's not intentional. Handball will always be subjective, and whenever they try to make them less so (like this season, particularly with attacking ones) the complaints are worse.

Edited by Colly

Maybe they could do some training across the board to oh I don't know make the standard of refs better across the country. 

Just a thought.