2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

4 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I'm struggling to think of someone, anyone, who deserves it less.

I legit don't understand a single thing that people like in him. 

I think people like to hate watch both of them. It's the only way I can explain it. 

I think Skip and Shannon capture "the culture war" much better than Stephen A. and Max do. The latter is frankly a bit smarter because the hosts are smarter, even if there's still performative yelling. Skip and Shannon are much more two guys who feel "familiar" to a big segment of the at-home audience. And their arguments are usually much more off of the simple sports topics.

People like guys like Skip Bayless because he's pretty much portrays a Republican. He's a loud douchebag with garbage takes, and a lot of Americans are fucking stupid. They think, "he's like me!" and eat that shit up. He knows how to play to his base of ignorant white rednecks.

3 hours ago, damshow said:

I think Skip and Shannon capture "the culture war" much better than Stephen A. and Max do. The latter is frankly a bit smarter because the hosts are smarter, even if there's still performative yelling. Skip and Shannon are much more two guys who feel "familiar" to a big segment of the at-home audience. And their arguments are usually much more off of the simple sports topics.

I think you're on the money here. I actually love Shannon Sharpe on that show. I think he's great at it.