2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buschie Lee said:

I'd put decent odds at Brady getting the Gretzky treatment and having his HOF waiting period waived whenever he retires.  I mean he may not retire until he's 70 so may as well.

He'll retire like the rest of us at 65. Tom Brady, man of the people. 

• Like 1

Just now, LL. said:

He'll retire like the rest of us at 65. Tom Brady, man of the people. 

Brady, forever desperate to be seen as a regular guy, will retire only after he is fully social security eligible and make a big show of his last 6 months of work by responding to every minor inconvenience with an exasperated "come on Tom, you got this, only 6 more months!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, damshow said:

Brady, forever desperate to be seen as a regular guy, will retire only after he is fully social security eligible and make a big show of his last 6 months of work by responding to every minor inconvenience with an exasperated "come on Tom, you got this, only 6 more months!"

Only to be injured on the second to last day of those 6 months so that someone could say, "Ah geez. He only had one more day till retirement."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Robert Alford has signed a one-year deal with the Cardinals, a day after being released from his previous contract with the team. In two years he has played 0 games due to injury.

I sincerely hope he has better luck this time round, we have been sorely lacking at Cornerback for a while.

3 hours ago, damshow said:

Apparently it's for $14 million, which is a good price to pay if you didn't watch him last season.

Allegedly it's an incentive heavy deal like last year.

I'm not opposed to Cam coming back, but I really hope he gets better than last year or that's likely a huge overpay.

If it's incentive based and he sucks he won't come close to the $14M figure anyways. 

I still think he can be solid but very hard to tell when he has nobody to throw the ball to like last season.

It's not terrible, but I'm hoping that they find a QB in the draft to prepare for 2022 and after.  And not in like round 5 or 6 either.

Not sure what will be available at 15 though.  Even Mac Jones might be off the board then, and I can't see Bill trading up for someone with this high of demand.