2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

The market for edge rushers is less than I was expecting.  Fans are acting like this helps them in their Leonard Williams negotiations since they could sign him for a lower AAV than they thought while cutting down his 2021 cap hit.

But he's already gone on record saying he could retire right now and live the rest of his life comfortably, so I would sooner expect him to just bet on himself and play on the franchise tag again this year.  This, of course screws the Giants cap royally before Williams probably gets a huge payday in 2022 when everyone has more money to play with.

Glad the Lions brought Okwara back, I think he's a good young player on an upward trajectory. Hell, he excelled in Patricia's trash system. 

Also Jarrad Davis is heading to the Jets, and Jamal Agnew to Jax. We cut Joe Dahl and also re-signed Jalen Reeves-Maybin to a 1 year deal. 

I get the feeling Okwara was our big splash and we plan on playing the comp picks game this off-season. 

Love what the 49ers have done so far. Re-signed JuiceCheck and Jason Verrett, re-did Dee Ford's deal and add another pass rusher in Sam Ebukam. Again, just need to make sure they still have the room to re-sign Trent Williams and I'm set. 

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Have fun with that. Judon is the king of the coverage sack but if you're looking for a top pass rusher to rain hell down on QBs you're not going to get it from him. His success came from elite DBs forcing QBs to take longer to pass and elite DBs allowing the Ravens to blitz more than any other team.

Ravens will slot someone else into his spot and won't miss a beat. What I'd hope for is they find a way to upgrade the pass rush, that's a bigger priority for me than WR.

7 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Damn, have the Pats ever been this busy in free agency? Maybe they have, but seems like they've been particularly aggressive this off-season. 

They have not been. There was a thing earlier about how it was the most guaranteed money they'd spent in an offseason basically ever and that was before the past few signings.