2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

The fact the Giants had to let him go pisses me off.  Amazing that they've managed to find themselves in salary cap hell despite what has been the worst four-year stretch in franchise history.  I know in 2019 nobody would've expected the cap to ever go down and with the return of fans should go up considerably in 2022 but still.

It was already a subpar offensive line and losing Zeitler makes the team objectively worse.  They aren't going to have the money to sign anyone substantial for OL either so basically they're going to be banking on a bad line to turn it around or else the season's already a wash.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Daniel Jones is probably not the guy but there's few more effective ways to definitely make him not the guy than by having him play QB behind five turnstiles. I was surprised at how much of a mess their contracts are.

Andrew Thomas came in with high expectations as there were four OTs the Giants could've taken and, naturally, the other three seemed to outplay him.  He did play better as the season progressed so I still have some hope for him but it does seem like offensive tackle is one of those positions where there isn't a whole lot of overall improvement when guys get into the league, the studs tend to figure it out pretty much instantly.

Nick Gates played a far better center than somebody who had never played the position before last year had any right to.  And Nate Solder took a pay cut and will presumably slot back in at RT, not sure what to expect from him after a year off but he's gotta be an improvement over Cam Fleming.  Guard spots are a bit of a mess though, I loved Will Hernandez coming out of college but he's been a major disappointment.

Cards have brought back Markus Golden on a good deal, and Andy Lee is staying as well. Happy with those, think Peterson is probably off and Reddick might be as well. Be a shame if Reddick goes after he finally had a productive season, but Peterson can run as fast and far away as possible as far as I'm concerned.

So the Bucs, thought to be in a cap crunch, have franchised Godwin and found a way to keep Barrett and David, presumably with voidable year contracts much like Brady’s extension.  Plus they’ll likely scoop up some other veterans who are practically willing to pay Tampa to play there and ring chase.

1 minute ago, Buschie Lee said:

So the Bucs, thought to be in a cap crunch, have franchised Godwin and found a way to keep Barrett and David, presumably with voidable year contracts much like Brady’s extension.  Plus they’ll likely scoop up some other veterans who are practically willing to pay Tampa to play there and ring chase.

TBF pretty much the entire team has said they want to go for two :shifty: .