2020 Tokyo Olympics

Lineker

2 hours ago, CLDY said:

Fuck, I was going to say this. :( Can I at least play bass?

@Skummy already claimed it.

Also, when he said "that purple haired woman", I'm assuming he's talking about Megan Rapinoe?  This is literally the first time I've watched none of the Olympics

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lint said:

@Skummy already claimed it.

Also, when he said "that purple haired woman", I'm assuming he's talking about Megan Rapinoe?  This is literally the first time I've watched none of the Olympics

Yeah, he meant her. He's hated Rapinoe for years, I think dating back to when she first started taking the knee.

Trump probably felt so happy when one of his power suckers told him how Rapinoe was one of the worst players on the team (she was too, only their one CB had a worse Olympics until the Bronze medal game).

A friend of mine is a lifelong soccer player and she was born in the mid 90s so she started playing as a kid in the post 99 World Cup era; she's a diehard women's soccer fan and it's forced me to get even more in tune with the national team outside of WWC years. I'm sure the USWNT will ultimately rebound, but yeah, this is definitely a big potential turning point moment for them.

Dina Asher-Smith gets a medal after all. Laura Kenny has also won another gold medal, her fifth in total in the third different Olympic Games. I was in the audience when she won her first.

And Laura Muir has also finally won an Olympic medal. She took silver in the 1500m with a new British record.

• Like 1

Beating Bondar was an amazing result.

Bondar is usually beaten by the Chinese at world championships and wins most european championships. He was also so much better than any non Chinese in the qualifiers I felt it was already decided before the finals even started.

There aren’t enough bad things to say about NBC‘s coverage, both on TV and on their YouTube page.

What‘s that?  You didn’t want to get up at 4 AM to watch the race live?  Well no worries, we’ll post a YouTube video.  Except it will only be a 40 second highlight of a 3 minute race and we’ll tell you who wins in the title of the video anyway.

Terrible.