NFL 2021

Lineker

6 minutes ago, Lineklaus said:

That’s Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee, Jonathan Allen

17 minutes ago, John McClaDMNe said:

We've won like 6 of the last 7 against Denver and now have a winning record.

Of course, if you looked anywhere you'd think we were the Jaguars or something.

…k, entirely just a comment to say how weird it was that the outcome of an AFC west game is how we won our division.

16 hours ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

St. Brown is a stud, love him. I liked the pick a lot because I had actually mocked him to us a few times, but I didn't know much beyond the scouting reports though. He endeared himself to Detroit pretty quickly as it was reported throughout training camp that he was always the last guy on the field catching passes. Like I don't mean every so often, literally he was the only dude left using the JUG machine thing catching passes. 

He's not a physical freak or anything but he's smart, he has good hands, he works his ass off, he runs good routes, he is a bad ass blocker, and he's a total pro. He's drawn some comparisons to Golden Tate because he's shown to be shifty in the slot, but he's not that explosive. So, I don't know who to compare him to, he's his own dude I guess, maybe Hines Ward? I think St. Brown is going to develop a reputation as that type of smart, tough WR that just fucking gets shit done. 

I actually think we've got something to work with at the WR position with him St. Brown, Raymond, possibly Reynolds if he sticks around, and the currently injured Cephus. Get a real vertical threat with that group and you suddenly aint so bad with Hockenson, Swift, Williams, Reynolds, and a pretty stout Oline. I actually think Goff can work with that....

Yeah, I actually think I receiving corps is sneaky decent now. Be nice to see us build around these younger, less heralded players in the upcoming drafts. 

Of course, the Giants are heading into a draft loaded with high-end DE and OL talent in a year where there aren't any enticing QBs and none of the teams picking ahead of them are really in the market for one anyway.

Jags and Jets obviously aren't going QB.  Lions would have to absolutely fall in love with one of them to take a QB given Goff's got an enormous 2022 dead cap hit.  Davis Mills hasn't looked all that bad and the Texans have plenty of holes to fill elsewhere.

So yeah, the Giants could pick 5th and still very easily miss out on the top 3 edge guys as well as Evan Neal.  Thankfully there are still a lot of other good players available in the trenches, but still...any other year there would be a rush to the top of the board for QBs which pushes better players down the board.

28 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

I can only hope that's the case.  I don't even know which QB you'd want to bet it all on this year.  Pickett?

Wait until the Pro Day and all the QB hype will ramp up enough for a team or two to make a move. I think we're in a really good spot to get a top DE/OL.

• Like 1

Fantasy breakdown:

Made the semis in all four leagues.  Cruised to victory in two of them, neatly these two teams I have Taylor who had an off week by his standards, and Kelce on the COVID list.  So I should hopefully be in an even better spot next week, I'll need all the help I can with the other powerhouse in each league on the docket for the finals.

Third league - down by 6 points with the Saints defense going tonight.  Yahoo projects them scoring 7, but with defenses it feels like a virtual coin flip.  I played the best lineup I could've, if I lose it simply comes down to Dak beating me last night with a monster game.

Fourth league - down by 19 points.  Yahoo actually still projects Kamara getting 20, which would win me the game.  20 points is a big ask for anybody though, unless Ian Book just feeds him all game.  What really screwed me here was James Robinson getting hurt early.  I left a lot of points on the bench otherwise but there isn't any "expert" who would've started a different lineup than I did.  Shit happens.