Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Absolutely deserved result for United, congrats to you guys. 

Liverpool have a serious problem. Injuries are clearly an issue right now, but that doesn't come anywhere close to excusing the terrible start to the season, and even worse, clear lack of effort from certain players.

I can't moan about the result. Can moan about a lot of performances though, it's felt like Elliott is the only one that might make something happen in midfield and Diaz the same out wide

Injuries aren't helping us but we just look so far off the pace. 

3 games is nothing. As said before we were 14/15 points of City in January last season and took it the final game. There's a World Cup right in the middle of the season. It's going to be a weird league but we've got work to do but it's not doom and gloom. 

Just now, Szumi - A Polack said:

Absolutely deserved result for United, congrats to you guys. 

Liverpool have a serious problem. Injuries are clearly an issue right now, but that doesn't come anywhere close to excusing the terrible start to the season, and even worse, clear lack of effort from certain players.

Sortof feels like that recently reported on midfield overhaul planned for next summer should've started this summer.

• Like 1

This is kinda the thing with Klopp. When everything is going well it goes really well but if somethings off it just doesn't work. Its almost like preseason hasnt ended yet or something.

Fabio Carvalho looked good.

I agree with @DavidMarrio

The world cup is going to play heavily into this season. Could be partly why liverpool havent started so well. That maybe its disrupted how they've approached preseason. I dunno.

38 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Bruno should be given a second yellow for that, but there's NO WAY the referee will send him off there.

He definitely should have been sent off. I dare say if he hadn't already been booked, he would have been. Took it way too far.

It's only one game though so no need for anyone to panic or get carried away. Man Utd are not suddenly great. Nor are Liverpool poor, even if that was about as bad as I have seen Alisson, Van Dijk and Alexander-Arnold play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam said:

Man Utd are not suddenly great.

Way to burst the bubble. :(

I'm sure Southampton will do that on Saturday though. I've become used to an odd great performance followed by a load of rubbish ones. I just hope they'd rather put a shift in during a game than come in on a planned day off to run like last weekend.

The Martial, Sancho, Rashford front 3 looks much, much better than anything with Ronaldo in. Likewise, even Elanga in there with Sancho and Rashford looked much better than Eriksen playing false 9 or whatever. Thought United's left back was outstanding.

Thought United were good value for the win but was so disappointed with Liverpool, who just genuinely didn't seem up for it. I know they've got a load of injury issues, but very used to seeing them play with energy no matter who is missing. So weird seeing VVD on that Sancho goal...what was he doing? 

On 20/08/2022 at 18:51, Kaney said:

Think we can all agree on ending the season right here and now.

Takes a special manager to win your first three games of the season. 

MOTM-AUG-Winner.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dang117 said:

Wonder if the off the pitch stuff made them decide to show up

speaking of which. Was there actually meant to be a walk out?

I got the impression that a huge protest was going to happen and... it was just some people threw bottles at a bus and there was a group outside.

Because if there was meant to be much larger protests it kinda makes the fans look fickle for not following through because the team was winning one single game

18 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It wasn't a walk out, it was a march and refusal to enter the ground at all.

But I didn't notice many empty seats if I'm honest.

That's cause you've just spunked 70 mil on a new player so all is right again  :shifty:

34 minutes ago, Hobo said:

speaking of which. Was there actually meant to be a walk out?

I got the impression that a huge protest was going to happen and... it was just some people threw bottles at a bus and there was a group outside.

Because if there was meant to be much larger protests it kinda makes the fans look fickle for not following through because the team was winning one single game

The original thing going around was supposed to be an empty stadium protest but instead it became a pre game protest with Old Trafford full capacity.

The thing is alot don't understand is that YOU are still giving the Glazers money by having a season ticket, by wearing the club shirt you've purchased from the club shop etc, I get wanting the Glazers out but by keep feeding them money they will just keep laughing.

It all seemed a bit half hearted and the message gets lost as soon as someone yells "murderers" at a bus.

I did see images from inside  the stadium with people in the yellow and green scarves AND a brand new jersey. Which didnt make much sense. If you're protesting don't wear the merch at least.

Could do with taking some lessons from what Liverpool supporters have done really.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Takes a special manager to win your first three games of the season.

Just you wait and see when we've won the other 35!

• Like 1