Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

49 minutes ago, Baddar said:

There's talk about Kane being 73 away from the all time PL record but if Haaland stays at City for his entire career (which I doubt he will) I honestly believe he could smash it, which is bold under 10 goals in but still.

I can't see him staying more than five years before moving to Real Madrid to be honest, and he would have to score more than 50 each of those years to beat Shearer's mark. If he stays fit and is here for 6+ years then maybe, but who knows where Kane will get to. He's probably staying at Spurs now and has 7-8 years left himself you would think.

Anyway, I'm so glad I chose Haaland at the start of FPL and have captained him every week.

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

I can't see him staying more than five years before moving to Real Madrid to be honest, and he would have to score more than 50 each of those years to beat Shearer's mark. If he stays fit and is here for 6+ years then maybe, but who knows where Kane will get to. He's probably staying at Spurs now and has 7-8 years left himself you would think.

Anyway, I'm so glad I chose Haaland at the start of FPL and have captained him every week.

The 50/50 decision of Haaland or Kane in GW1 basically decided one's FPL season.

At the very least I captained Cancelo, somehow he's really, really softened another Haaland hat trick blow this week.

Also, are we really bad this game or are Newcastle just excellent? Because my god. 

Fuck me!!!!!!! Get the fuck in there Carvalho

Nice honeymoon present there. Nice one you keep playing till we score!

Shove your time wasting up your fucking arse

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Colly said:

We'll just keep playing til Liverpool score then ref. Klopp would be fuming.

I mean, there was extra stoppage added because of the treatment needed for a Newcastle player.

5 minutes of added time was also not enough to begin with given all the excessive time wasting 🤷

Any subs or stoppages in the last 5 minutes prior to the 90? Usually the added on time is communicated to the fourth official prior to the 90. It is also crucially a *minimum* time added on.

I didn't watch and have no skin in the game, I should say.

Faked is doing some lifting there given Van Dijk's weird challenge mind. I think I'd mind it less if it was consistent, I've seen tonnes of games at St James' with more time wasting, less injury time and nowhere near the time in play in that injury time. The 4 minutes in the first half is practically unheard of simply because refs tend to barely add any on without a significant injury. Fergie time redux.

I've said it too often, the sooner we move to a stop/start 30 minute half the better.

FULLY agree that we need to just go to the 30 minutes start/stop clock but I feel like it'll never happen because it's too much change for the people in power. I think they also enjoy that all the time wasting antics and the like create more drama for the game, which often just creates more money. 

• Like 1