Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

I really think Potter will be making a mistake going there. He needs time to implement his systems and get the right players, and Chelsea have just bought half a new squad of players who just might not fit. And he won't get that time, clearly. 

Tuchel has been binned for a slightly choppy run of half a dozen games when trying to integrate a load of new players. One bad run for Potter with this same squad and he'll be out the door and deemed a failure as a top manager.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

It would be nice to see an English manager do well at a Champions League club. I don't think that's happened in even a slight capacity since Bobby Robson.

Did Robson make it past the CL Group Stage? Because even Lampard managed that (to then get crushed by Bayern).

Edit: It has just occurred to me you probably meant "do well at a club that is in the CL" rather than "do well in the CL".

32 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Did Robson make it past the CL Group Stage? Because even Lampard managed that (to then get crushed by Bayern).

Edit: It has just occurred to me you probably meant "do well at a club that is in the CL" rather than "do well in the CL".

Sir Bobby got Newcastle to the second group stage in 2002-03, which is the equivalent of last 16 now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

I was going to say at a big club, but I didn't want to offend anyone.