Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Isn't the funeral next Saturday? So that means they'll basically be postponing two weeks worth of matches?

What happens to the English and Scottish clubs playing in the Champions League?

As mentioned, what happens to all the people who paid money for travel and accommodations who now may not be able to get fully reimbursed?

Just now, damhausen said:

Isn't the funeral next Saturday? So that means they'll basically be postponing two weeks worth of matches?

What happens to the English and Scottish clubs playing in the Champions League?

As mentioned, what happens to all the people who paid money for travel and accommodations who now may not be able to get fully reimbursed?

I don't think the European games will be cancelled. I don't think UEFA would consider that. 

It's not even just the people who have paid for travel/accommodation. People who work at the events are going to be out of money in times that are already particularly tough. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, damhausen said:

and there's international break coming up 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I don't think the European games will be cancelled. I don't think UEFA would consider that. 

I was wondering more if it'd be on the table for any matches in England or Scotland (I don't think there's any other British clubs playing in Europe, apologies if there are). Like a full national sporting moratorium (for some reason). I guess we'll find out.

5 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I was wondering more if it'd be on the table for any matches in England or Scotland (I don't think there's any other British clubs playing in Europe, apologies if there are). Like a full national sporting moratorium (for some reason). I guess we'll find out.

I imagine at most it may be national anthem played as a mark of respect along with minutes silence / black armbands. At minimum the minutes silence. 

I think the British teams at home are Liverpool, Rangers, Chelsea, City and Arsenal. Others are all away. 

From a logistics view I just can't see postponements on a European competition level due to the World Cup. 

I'm sure I read the next free midweek for potential Prem games is in January. 

• Like 2

It's going to be hard enough for them to try and fit these games in now given how the calendar is all the way till the world cup. But if the British clubs playing in Europe decide they won't play but UEFA won't agree would thst potentially mean that our clubs forfeit the game?

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

From a logistics view I just can't see postponements on a European competition level due to the World Cup. 

This was my biggest thought. There's been so much thumping about regarding the condensed schedule, how the World Cup has caused a unique calendar for the year, etc. Queen dies and suddenly "oh actually it's not that hard to adjust the schedule."

I'm sure Klopp among others will be very vocal come mid-February when they've played like 8 matches in 26 days or something ridiculous.