Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

But Boris apparently fixed the lack of police officers 

I don't get how Spurs/Leicester goes ahead along with Brentford/Arsenal but Arsenal/PSV can't and Chelsea/Liverpool. 

The All-Star idea has given me an interesting thought exercise: North vs South, who is in your 18 man squad for each side? We'll say minimum 1 player from each team has to make it into the squad, not necessarily a starter.

Spoiler

North
Aston Villa
Everton
Leeds
Leicester
Liverpool
Man City
Man United
Newcastle
Nottingham Forest
Wolves

South
Arsenal
Bournemouth
Brentford
Brighton
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Fulham
Southampton
Spurs
West Ham

I will probably figure out mine tomorrow during a dull patch in work. :P

11 hours ago, Colly said:

Todd Boehly has (among some other wacky nonsense) proposed a North vs South all star game. I'll be honest, I'm not against it. Could fit into preseason somewhere, week before the charity shield?

I like the idea, especially if money raised goes to the EFL pyramid as Boehly suggests.

I wish the football season had time for all sorts of competitions. Some sort of top flight all-star competition between different European nations or a tournament with each continent competing against one another would be fun. A British Lions tour akin to the one in rugby union would also be exciting.

These are all fantasy scenarios, obviously, because the football calendar doesn't have room for them and the clubs wouldn't want their players to risk injury and fatigue on extra matches for other teams. I'd love to play a Football Manager mod with these ideas, at least.

26 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

Would this make Haaland king in the North 

He's not my king!

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

I like the idea, especially if money raised goes to the EFL pyramid as Boehly suggests.

Or instead of a pointless game, the clubs just invest into the football pyramid whether that be via the TV money or a committed amount given each season. I can't see clubs signing off on it for a variety of reasons such as even if it isn't an intense game what if a star player gets injured?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Or instead of a pointless game, the clubs just invest into the football pyramid whether that be via the TV money or a committed amount given each season. I can't see clubs signing off on it for a variety of reasons such as even if it isn't an intense game what if a star player gets injured?

That risk doesn't seem to stop teams in American sports signing off on an All-Star game...

I don't think it's even that much of an issue, while there might be reluctance to put players out of their club managers control clubs now play moneyspinning pre season friendlies against rival PL clubs all the time, there's no reason why the risk of injury would be any higher than those. Presume they'd be some kind of insurance setup as there is for international games, and you could limit each players gametime tk 45-60 minutes.

Fergie and Wenger to manage the teams of course.

16 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

Its an interesting concept but the only time it could be done is really before the season starts as it would be a glorified pre season game similar to the community shield 

Hell have it replace the Community Shield so people stop including it in trophy counts.

• Like 1

The All Star Games in American sports leagues are usually very casual affairs, not a lot of tight defense or physical play. Nobody wants to get hurt in an exhibition.

The best part of the All Star festivities is always the skills competitions they day before, but the games themselves are often a lot of fun too.

29 minutes ago, damhausen said:

The All Star Games in American sports leagues are usually very casual affairs, not a lot of tight defense or physical play. Nobody wants to get hurt in an exhibition.

The best part of the All Star festivities is always the skills competitions they day before, but the games themselves are often a lot of fun too.

Do this at half time:

And a bit of goalie wars:

• Like 1