Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

4 hours ago, Colly said:

Faked is doing some lifting there given Van Dijk's weird challenge mind. I think I'd mind it less if it was consistent, I've seen tonnes of games at St James' with more time wasting, less injury time and nowhere near the time in play in that injury time. The 4 minutes in the first half is practically unheard of simply because refs tend to barely add any on without a significant injury. Fergie time redux.

I've said it too often, the sooner we move to a stop/start 30 minute half the better.

Collie if they bring in a stop/start clock there will be no incentive to restart the game quickly and then we will start having adverts in the middle of games like in American sports.

3 hours ago, Colly said:

I mean it goes without saying that it always feels like a TV game has two minutes more in the second half than a Saturday 3pm regardless of time lost, I'd love to see some analysis of that.

You never see a 4-0 get 6 minutes of added time either.

Can't be too salty about last night, they gave 5 minutes, Pope was down for 2. They scored in the 7th. It happens. Joelinton was down with cramp because he run about 40 miles in the second half.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Not if they force in a restart clock for anything that isn't injury related.

Which of course they won't do.

Just book players for time wasting as they do now. Just because the clock's stopped doesn't mean you can take the piss.

2 minutes ago, ģå.żž said:

You never see a 4-0 get 6 minutes of added time either.

Can't be too salty about last night, they gave 5 minutes, Pope was down for 2. They scored in the 7th. It happens. Joelinton was down with cramp because he run about 40 miles in the second half.

I'm remaining salty. But then I'm still salty about that Championship game where Keith Stroud literally forgot the rules.

I suppose they want all the players together in the same place as early as possible on match day, rather than travelling from wherever-their-homes-are to east London in order to then board a coach to west London and losing several hours. And I suppose the possibility of players going AWOL is less if they have them gathered the day before.

That's just me speculating off the top of my head, mind. If it were the reason, presumably they'd do the same thing with a hotel for home matches too, but I'm guessing they don't.

Yeah, this is an increasingly worrisome Liverpool performance. Two derby matches this season, and twice the opposition CLEARLY wants it more. There is a distinct lack of determination from this Liverpool side.