Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

The big non World Cup story is that Ronaldo is in discussions with a stupidly rich contract with a club in Saudi Arabia. The rumor is he's offered essentially £100m a year.  

Genuinely hope he takes it! I don't want him anywhere near MLS, and Saudi Arabia seems like a perfect pair for him.

I know there are many serious questions to be raised about Newcastle and Saudi Arabia, but there's also the question of why a 30 year old man would dress like this:

You have to click the photo for the full effect.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

This Toney thing is weird to me. How come he's not suspended pending the investigation? There are hundreds of instances going against him at the moment.

Kane has one back for Spurs.

He has until I think Fingerpoke of Doom Day to respond to the charges. A suspension might come then/afterwards?

They also could be going with innocent until proven guilty since it's not a criminal charge?

That's terrible defending by Brentford. All those bodies in the box, and they leave someone wide open.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colly said:

I think as well his charges don't relate to games he's been involved with, so there's no real sporting integrity issue while it's ongoing. Could be very wrong.

They're suspending people in the US who aren't even players and aren't even betting on the sport which they're involved in. So this is all very muddled for me in terms of what the actual enforcement/punishment is.

Feels like it should be easy to draw a very clear line between what is permissible and what isn't.

Suspending them from what if they aren't players? It's hardly muddled for rules to be different in different competitions let alone different nations. There's been a few cases in the lower leagues so I presume Toney's being handled in the same way.

15 minutes ago, Colly said:

Suspending them from what if they aren't players? It's hardly muddled for rules to be different in different competitions let alone different nations. There's been a few cases in the lower leagues so I presume Toney's being handled in the same way.

An NFL assistant coach recently got suspended for a full year for using a mobile betting app (he wasn't betting on any NFL games).