Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

49 minutes ago, damhausen said:

They're suspending people in the US who aren't even players and aren't even betting on the sport which they're involved in. So this is all very muddled for me in terms of what the actual enforcement/punishment is.

Feels like it should be easy to draw a very clear line between what is permissible and what isn't.

Isn't sports betting in this regard quite a new thing in America? Whereas over here in Britain it has been commonplace for years and in fact has been a big part of the commercial aspect of professional football.

I don't see any reason why Toney would be suspended before even answering the charges. It isn't a criminal investigation, it's purely a sporting one and as of right now, he hasn't been found "guilty" of anything even if it's likely he will when they have the hearing.

Just now, Adam said:

Isn't sports betting in this regard quite a new thing in America? Whereas over here in Britain it has been commonplace for years and in fact has been a big part of the commercial aspect of professional football.

I don't see any reason why Toney would be suspended before even answering the charges. It isn't a criminal investigation, it's purely a sporting one and as of right now, he hasn't been found "guilty" of anything even if it's likely he will when they have the hearing.

It is a new thing. It used to be you could only bet on horse races or in Nevada, but if you really wanted to you could find a bookie but it wasn't "above board".

Otherwise it's new within the last few years as yet another way for states to collect revenue without openly raising taxes.

7 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I think Newcastle didn't lose any of their momentum over break 

Helps we only had 5 players away, none of them made it past the quarters and only Schar and Tripper played more than 90 minutes total.

Darwin Nunez finds a way to get me so frustrated with him every single game.

He's so physically talented it's insane. But he's got absolutely nothing in between his ears and it shows.

CALM AS YOU LIKE, HE'S VIRGIL VAN DIJK! HE'S VIRGIL VAN DIJK!

1 hour ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Darwin Nunez finds a way to get me so frustrated with him every single game.

He's so physically talented it's insane. But he's got absolutely nothing in between his ears and it shows.

He'll get there. We're so used to Mane and Salah and Jota even types who hit the ground absolutely running that a forward whose still a bit raw is different.

I'm hoping for the mid-game 'Haaland rips his Man City shirt off to reveal a Leeds one underneath' spot like he's just been drafted to Smackdown in the middle of a battle royal.

Disappointing to concede right on half time after looking pretty solid defensively but it's not overly surprising. It's been a case of 'win the ball and give it right back' for the majority of the half so it was probably only a matter of time.

I'm not sure where this defensively solid is coming from, if Grealish was worth 10% of his transfer fee he'd have 2 if not 3. And Meslier's done well to keep Haaland out twice. If it had been 4-0, I don't think you could have complained