Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

At the start of the season, if you’d said we’d be sitting in fourth place and five points clear of fifth at the World Cup break - I’d have bitten your hand off. Being five points clear at the top is sensational really. 

Long may this continue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Correct. For whatever reason the song started off as only mildly NSFW in the 80s and at some point since was made much worse.

I just googled it and regretted it immediately. Is that why Pro Evo used to have those "Celery! Celery!" banners? I feel like my youth has been sullied.

The whole thing with Ronaldo is pathetic. He's refused to adapt to his decline in ability in a rational way and has forced the entire team to adapt to him. So, sure, he scored a lot of goals last year. But the cost of that was that the overall performance of the team suffered so that they could create chances for him. He'd be right at home in a league like Turkey or, pre-war, Russia. Just feast on less skilled defenders by being a poacher. That doesn't cut it in a top league anymore, players all have to be much more dynamic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, damhausen said:

The whole thing with Ronaldo is pathetic. He's refused to adapt to his decline in ability in a rational way and has forced the entire team to adapt to him. So, sure, he scored a lot of goals last year. But the cost of that was that the overall performance of the team suffered so that they could create chances for him. He'd be right at home in a league like Turkey or, pre-war, Russia. Just feast on less skilled defenders by being a poacher. That doesn't cut it in a top league anymore, players all have to be much more dynamic.

It's one of them where he's such a generational talent and given his ego alongside teams and people will have fit everything in around him, it's led to him not being able to come to the terms of father time catching up to him and teams not wanting to be the Ronaldo show. 

I'm not surprised by this. The move was bad at the time and screamed appeasement to a certain section of fans as well as a pure marketing move. 

There are some truths he's spoken about around the ownership but 90% of the rest is disrespectful to the fans, his team mates and the manager. You can see how he can't take any criticism whatsoever. He blanked Carragher, he did it to Neville then he's gone out and mentioned Neville and Rooney for them criticising him. 

• Like 1

as I've seen on Twitter:

Daniel Sturridge got a 6 month ban for 2 breaches.

Joey Barton got 18 months for 35 breaches.

So, 232? That seems like it'd be a fairly massive ban.