Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

3 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

MLS?

I did not know until now about those allegations. Scum.

With any luck he will realise at the World Cup how much his form has gone and that will be the end of it. Although we aren't that lucky. 

I'm pretty sure he can't go to America based on the allegations I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is why there's been a lot of talk of this being his last World Cup. Rumour was he offered himself to Munich and Real Madrid, other team I could see is PSG.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Curious how many more of the Super League club owners just get out now that the door is mostly closed.

Liverpool's owners are also talking about selling up or they were at some point, so that's two clubs already

2 hours ago, Dang117 said:

I'm pretty sure he can't go to America based on the allegations I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is why there's been a lot of talk of this being his last World Cup. Rumour was he offered himself to Munich and Real Madrid, other team I could see is PSG.

I believe a judge dismissed the charges earlier this year, or sometime last year. Not that he's coming to MLS but it's not a scenario where he shows up in the US and is immediately arrested.

And Mikel Arteta.

Eddie Howe.

Antonio Conte.

Graham Potter.

De Zerbi probably. Rogers is having a bit of a resurgence...

4 hours ago, Colly said:

I do hope someone's keeping an eye on how many trolls who've been attacking Newcastle fans will suddenly become Scouse Saudis.

And again I say this as someone who was against the Newcastle takeover.

It's going to happen, unfortunately. The moment the club went on sale, I feel online responses were 50/50 to "fuck blood money" vs "gimme that sweet sexy blood money, I just want to win trophies."

I fully expect if this actually happens, there will be a LOT of fans going, "well this is different, this isn't the government buying the club" when it's still the same disgusting thing.

• Like 1

I would suspect with the price the Glazers are asking it'll be a similar type of consortium/wealthy group that attempts to buy Man Utd. With interest rates rising in western Europe & the US, as well as Russia for now being persona non grata, there aren't as many people who can facilitate these major purchases.

Difficult situation for some supporters but many others will take the opportunity to show their whole ass. Such is how these things go.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

We desperately need to move to a German model of ownership, or something similar.

I've wondered about this but Germany is basically dominated by one club, the second best club only stays relevant by being publicly traded, Red Bull have built a club from nothing, and a tiny village club is a billionaire's vanity project.

I guess it's more ethical but it doesn't seem to address any root causes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Colly said:

I do hope someone's keeping an eye on how many trolls who've been attacking Newcastle fans will suddenly become Scouse Saudis.

And again I say this as someone who was against the Newcastle takeover.

Our owners don't behead as many people as yours do etc etc. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, damhausen said:

I've wondered about this but Germany is basically dominated by one club, the second best club only stays relevant by being publicly traded, Red Bull have built a club from nothing, and a tiny village club is a billionaire's vanity project.

I guess it's more ethical but it doesn't seem to address any root causes.

And really only Red Bull have any hope of breaking that monopoly. Dortmund just seem content to never have to take money from Bayern to pay their debts again.

3 hours ago, MadJack said:

And really only Red Bull have any hope of breaking that monopoly. Dortmund just seem content to never have to take money from Bayern to pay their debts again.

There's the off chance a Wolfsburg or a Leverkusen who do excellent work finding younger players puts together a special season in the Bundesliga before promptly selling their players to Bayern and elsewhere without resistance. RB Leipzig are somewhere between that and buying established stars - and so I do think you're right if any other club will manage some level of continuous success it's them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Our owners don't behead as many people as yours do etc etc. 

We don't know how many people John Henry has beheaded tbf

• Haha 3