Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Wonder why they decided to flip the lion?

They’re both awful designs, even in the trend of today’s modern badges. Think they’d be better off with just the lion and  the lettering if they want that modern feel.

27 minutes ago, Twist said:

Wonder why they decided to flip the lion?

The fan survey said fans were open to it flipping.

Pretty much every part of the fan survey is reflected in the second design - distinctive state, reduce the amount of yellow, crest should be claret and blue, lion is important, having Aston Villa in words on there. I like it, tbh.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

One day soon, every single club will have a round badge with their name on an outer border and their actual crest inside. So, so boring.

It'll just be those Puma kits from last season for everyone...

Was definitely dreading the worst when Solanke scored but what a comeback, especially so against what could end up a relegation rival.

Another big moment for Gnonto and Summerville in assisting/scoring the winner.

Mo makes it 2-0. 

Robbo/Nunez/Salah linked up well for the first goal
A terrible header back from Dier and Salah runs on the end and chips Lloris. 

• Like 1

13 games in, we've played Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Spurs and we're still sitting 2 points clear top of the league. I'm not holding my breath or entertaining any thoughts of where we'll finish until we've played Newcastle City but that's still astonishing. Really enjoying this run so far.

Jenas has to be one of the worst commentators going though.

I assume Jack Grealish dies a little on the inside each time Almiron scores?

Almiron now has 17 goals in 124 PL appearances to Grealish’s 19 in 130 appearances. So good chance by the end of this season Almiron will have better numbers across their entire PL careers, let alone this season.

Edited by Twist

Tale of two halves. 

We were much better first

They were much better second. 

We rode our luck in the second half. They did in the first.