Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

27 minutes ago, Hobo said:

3-1 at half time.

Two for Darwin

I feel like we're seeing Darwin Nunez improve weekly right now. The timing of his runs, and especially his decision making on the ball, are better with each match. He was always going to need some time to adjust to the league and Liverpool style. He's doing quietly great.

• Like 2

Nice win at home going into the break.  Shame Leeds couldn't hold onto either the lead and then the draw but least we've closed the gap a bit towards the top 4. 

I keep forgetting that most of our squad actually aren't going the World Cup so this could be a good thing for us. I can't see Trent/Henderson/Fabinho regularly starting either so that could be a bonus. Konate's more of a back up for France so really it's just Alisson and Nunez who will get the regular game time you'd imagine. 

A draw would be perfect in the Newcastle/Chelsea game (if not a Chelsea win as the second best option) then just hope Sunday goes our way 

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Is celery a thing for Chelsea fans, or has someone just done a very random Tesco shop before going to the pub in Newcastle? 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

It's to do with an NSFW chant Chelsea fans sing, I believe.

Correct. For whatever reason the song started off as only mildly NSFW in the 80s and at some point since was made much worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Correct. For whatever reason the song started off as only mildly NSFW in the 80s and at some point since was made much worse.

I never quite got that one.

Just did a little bit of research into the origin and also found that, while it's been banned at the Bridge since 2007, some fans will still bring in celery to chuck on the pitch at away games.

I'm not sure why the ref felt Trippier needed to sprint across to take a corner in injury time, or why he felt a booking for Pope for time-wasting was appropriate when Chelsea hadn't even set their defense, but whatever gets him off I guess. He'd lost control well before the postmatch fracas.