College Football 2022

23 hours ago, damhausen said:

It's going to suck and the delay is solely because of hammering out stuff with NIL.

I'd only want to play it for one reason, and that is to do something I'd like to see happen in real life: Wipe the floor with Ohio State, playing as an unranked team.

1. Georgia 12-0
2. Michigan 12-0
3. TCU 12-0
4. USC 11-1
5. Ohio State 11-1
6. Alabama 10-2

The SEC Title game means little as Georgia are going to be in the playoffs no matter what.  I think Michigan are pretty much safe too, even if they were to slide in the Big Ten title game it would be a tough sell that OSU should go in ahead of them when their lone loss was to Michigan.

TCU and USC would therefore be in "win and in" situations for their respective conference title games.  If either of them lose, OSU and Bama get the spots in that order.

You know the networks are at minimum hoping for a TCU loss.  They would get walloped in the playoffs.

Yeah... the cards have fallen where Alabama will get in if others can't take care of there own business but it still will take a lot. Just one of TCU or USC winning ends their shot.

They're certainly not deserving but this hasn't been an inspiring group of teams outside the top 5.

10 minutes ago, Jacob deBusch said:

I'd say there's also a chance that the official CFP poll tomorrow has OSU at 4 with USC at 5.  But that still sets the stage for USC to control their own destiny and leap OSU with a win.

This is definitely possible. I still don't know why they release these polls every week but it does keep them somewhat honest I get.

Just think, in a few years we'll instead be having this debate about Utah and Kansas State.

Someone pointed out on Facebook that of the top 5, only Georgia and Michigan have victories against teams that were ranked in the top 10.

Ohio State in the top 5 is insane. They had a weak as hell schedule, and Michigan proved they're overrated. You can accuse me of being a homer, but I think Tennessee would have beaten them almost as bad if they had played each other with Hooker healthy. The only top 5 team I see Ohio State having a chance against is USC, but it would be a close game.  And I'd like to point out that Alabama should be a 3 or 4 loss team. 

I want Georgia and either USC or TCU in the National Championship game. If Ohio State manages to get in, I'm automatically for the other team and hope Ohio State gets shut out.

Ohio State before this week had better wins than Michigan did. They went into South Bend and State College and won both games. Michigan also beat the Nittany Lions but it was in Ann Arbor, and they almost lost at home to Illinois.

Overall Big Ten hasn't been a powerhouse conference this year and I wouldn't be surprised to see a USC team from the very deep Pac-12 beat Michigan should they meet.