The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

Still $39.99 in 'murica. :(

Here I was ready to drop 8 squids. 

It's very easy to set up a UK account and link the games with your US one. You can then buy UK voucher codes to take advantage of UK sales.

Speaking of region-specific Playstation deals, there's a particularly eye-catching Humble Bundle.

Pay What You Want:

Dead Rising (PS4)

Dustforce (Vita)

Crazy Taxi (PS3)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita)

Beat The Average:

Resident Evil HD Remaster (PS4)

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4)

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS4)

Sonic Generations (PS3)

Binary Domain (PS3)

Alien Isolation (PS4)

$15 or More:

Dead Rising 2 (PS4)

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)

14 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Total Soccer's vowel-swapping of professional players' names

Ah, Ryan Guggs. Not just players', but team names too. I was always a fan of Loods and Shoffueld Weds.

Is Rayman Legends the same one that was on the Wii U? Because I was really disappointed with that, though for free I'll gladly give it another whirl. I don't think I ever enjoyed a Rayman game beyond the first one, though, and that might just be nostalgia talking.

9 hours ago, Skummy said:

Is Rayman Legends the same one that was on the Wii U? Because I was really disappointed with that, though for free I'll gladly give it another whirl. I don't think I ever enjoyed a Rayman game beyond the first one, though, and that might just be nostalgia talking.

It's the same one. Personally, I thought it was fantastic. It's my favourite 2D platformer ever, and I was never especially into the old Rayman games.

Really enjoyed the Detroit demo. Might go all in and pre-order. 

40 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I'm about 5 hours into Nier Automata and there's a very serious chance that it might overtake Bloodborne as my favourite game of this generation. It's absolutely bonkers.

It's pretty fantastic. I finished one play through...need to go back for two more.

Also! For two quick (non-canon) endings:

1. Catch a fish (I can't remember what kind)....if it says don't eat it, eat it!

2. Press L3+R3 while on the space station)

Apparently I'm on the last chapter of Ni No Kuni 2. Pretty enjoyable game.... The Kingdom building was fun! But I've hit a point where I don't want to do the mindless fetch/side quests just to boost it a little more.

Think I will attempt to finish it tonight and move to God of War.

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Apparently I'm on the last chapter of Ni No Kuni 2. Pretty enjoyable game.... The Kingdom building was fun! But I've hit a point where I don't want to do the mindless fetch/side quests just to boost it a little more.

Think I will attempt to finish it tonight and move to God of War.

Was pretty much what happened to me. Did enough, but ran out of interest with completing it all.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Liam said:

Was pretty much what happened to me. Did enough, but ran out of interest with completing it all.

I'm a simple man...I like seeing my coffers full and then spending all of it on research and building buildings. I was at the beginning of chapter 7 or 8 and I was able to make level 5 weapons already! And I'm kind of overleveled. I think Evan is level 57 right now?

Finished my first playthrough of Nier yesterday and started playthrough 2. Absolutely bonkers game, one of the most satisfying gameplay loops, and the characters (especially the machines) are wonderful.

Looking forward to the second playthrough just so I can start to figure out what the hell was even going on because so far the story is basically indecipherable.

8 hours ago, Ollie said:

Finished my first playthrough of Nier yesterday and started playthrough 2. Absolutely bonkers game, one of the most satisfying gameplay loops, and the characters (especially the machines) are wonderful.

Looking forward to the second playthrough just so I can start to figure out what the hell was even going on because so far the story is basically indecipherable.

I should really finish it off. Think I did the second playthrough, but had more to go. Can't quite remember.

5 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Popped onto PS4 for a couple minutes earlier and saw that @Benji is on Friday the 13th now!! Oh My, I can't wait to play a match with him and @9 to 5 so that Niner and I can take the boat and leave him behind to die!!

That's a disgraceful thing to do. Who would ever escape with a vehicle and leave Banjo behind? A monster, that's who.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pentashám Jr. said:

I'm having a terribly hard time finding motivation to finish Ni No Kuni 2 and I'm not even really that far, having just made it to the second kingdom to recruit. 

You're not very far at all! But I feel like the game really picks up once you get more freedom for side quests and kingdom building... Which is soon!

It's the only game for... well since I can remember, where I was sad that I finished it.

And it's bittersweet too, because the game director made it clear that DLC wasn't on the cards - he wanted to make a game that was a single experience where it felt like nothing was held back, and boy did they succeed at that. I can't get past how awesome the 2 weeks that I would come home anxious to play that game were.