The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

2 hours ago, Josh Marenghi said:

Is Arkham Knight worthwhile? I haven’t played any of that series.

Knight is good. I haven't yet finished it. It's probably not the best of the series (mainly because I hate the batmobile shit) but definitely worth playing, especially for free.

3 hours ago, Josh Marenghi said:

Is Arkham Knight worthwhile? I haven’t played any of that series.

I found it reasonably good when I first played it, but, after replaying a chunk of each Rocksteady Batman game very recently, I found it to be the worst of the bunch. There's fun to be had, but it's interspersed with a not insubstantial number of tedious sections. The title character is also quite dull for the most part.

I played it 100%, it's flawed and some of the batmobile stuff are tedious especially if you're going for the complete ending. But I enjoyed it a lot despite its issues.

It won't reinvent the wheel compared to the earlier titles, but it's still good.

Weakest of the trilogy, but better than origins imo. (If only because I couldn't finish that game through a game breaking bug, which has been fized but icba to get back.)

Origins did have the best boss fight though, and the same boss in Knight was complete ass.

Edited by Jasonmufc

On 22/08/2019 at 03:51, Ollie said:

See, that's my favourite thing about Nier. Legit one of my top 5 games of this generation. Keep with it, you'll get used to it and eventually love it.

I dunno...I'm a little over 10 hours or so into it, and I'm still not getting it.  Like...why does my badass combat android dress like a stripper?  Why does my scout android look like a twink?  I know Automata is a sequel to Nier, and Nier itself is a spinoff.  Would this all make more sense if I played Nier?  

I keep playing an hour or two a night, trying to decide if I like it or not.  I love the combat, but the story is making no sense to me.  I really feel like I could beat the game, and at the end still sit there like "I'm still not sure if I like this or not"

3 hours ago, Lint said:

I dunno...I'm a little over 10 hours or so into it, and I'm still not getting it.  Like...why does my badass combat android dress like a stripper?  Why does my scout android look like a twink?  I know Automata is a sequel to Nier, and Nier itself is a spinoff.  Would this all make more sense if I played Nier?  

I keep playing an hour or two a night, trying to decide if I like it or not.  I love the combat, but the story is making no sense to me.  I really feel like I could beat the game, and at the end still sit there like "I'm still not sure if I like this or not"

The appearance of the main character put me off from getting this game myself despite all the praise.

I don't want to play a game where I need to explain myself to anyone who watches me play it.

• Confused 1

On 22/08/2019 at 18:33, Rocky Champ Champ said:

I’ll throw The Last of Us on this stack also.

I'm a bit late on this (and apparently in the minority) but The Last of Us is one of the worst games I've ever played.

• Confused 3

I mean it's no Akiba's Trip at least but... Japan. They have this amazing ability to make great things that accidentally have an awkward factor to Western Audiences. "So it's a group of teenagers who've escaped together after some weird zombie virus reached their school and their relationships as it all goes to shit." *slow motion close up of schoolgirls boobs as they defy physics to bounce seperately and allow a bullet fly perfectly between them* To be honest I think most people just accept an explanation of "Japan" these days which reduces some of the awkward factor.

34 minutes ago, Naitch said:

I'm a bit late on this (and apparently in the minority) but The Last of Us is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Like, I can get not enjoying it as not every game is for everyone. But one of the worst games? You're insane.

Also, I really need to go back and start my second playthrough of Nier.

• Like 1

That's why I qualified it with "I've ever played" xD

It bored me to tears the first time around and, after attempting to go back to it after everyone told me I was wrong and that it was a brilliant game, it just didn't do anything for me the second time either.

I loved Arkham Knight the first time I played it, 100%ed it and never got bored of doing the tasks required to do so. Everyone complained about the Batmobile, some of the parts were challenging, but I still didn't mind.

Then I went to replay it a couple of years later and I just couldn't get past one part.

Spoiler

Stagg's airship

Purely because I lost the will to play it because of how meandering that part of the game is. I tried again last year, and the exact same thing happened.