The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

12 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

What games do you have?

On PS4? Just Battlefield V for now. I think the other half downloaded an Assassin's Creed bundle and we've got Spyro on the way. Happy to take recommendations for purchases as we've put together a big list of stuff we're interested in and their prices in various locations for the cheapest option.

2 hours ago, Lint said:

Downloaded Nier: Automata a few months ago, after it was on sale and having heard good things about it.

Now, I admit I'm only about 2-3 hours into it, but I don't get the love.  The constantly changing view modes suck.  ITs 3rd person!  No now its a 2.5d side scroller!  Now its top-down view! (Fuck this game for giving me a top down view and enemies I have to jump to avoid!) No, now its a space shooter!  I feel like the devs had ADHD and just threw in everything they could.

Maybe it'll get better as I play more, but so far I'm rather "meh" about the game

See, that's my favourite thing about Nier. Legit one of my top 5 games of this generation. Keep with it, you'll get used to it and eventually love it.

56 minutes ago, Naitch said:

On PS4? Just Battlefield V for now. I think the other half downloaded an Assassin's Creed bundle and we've got Spyro on the way. Happy to take recommendations for purchases as we've put together a big list of stuff we're interested in and their prices in various locations for the cheapest option.

God of War! Horizon Zero Dawn! Spider-Man! Uncharted 4! You can't go wrong with any of them as far as single player stories are concerned. You'll also find all of them relatively cheap now.

6 hours ago, Naitch said:

Rocket League, Firewatch, Wasteland 2 (of course I am going to say this), Red Dead Redemption 2, Xcom 2, Hitman  and 2, Alien Isolation, Doom, Resident Evil 2 remake and 7, Until Dawn, Fire Pro Wrestling World, Life is Strange, Overcooked 2 and Stardew Valley. 

That should cover most interests and a fair few are on sale now on the ps store. Don't forget to use your free 2 week ps plus pass you should get with your PlayStation. That will get you Wipeout and Sniper Elite 4 for free this month.

Persona 5 is a good shout too. Time sink and has style in spades with a unique premise for an rpg.

At a reduced price it's great, but there's also a special edition coming out with new late game content.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Finally completed all of the DLC for Spiderman. Genuinely up there as one of my favourite games of all time. Had a blast playing it and I really hope they do another game

Just gotta decide now what game out of about 10 to start now... thinking either Resident Evil 2 or God of War

12 minutes ago, Colly said:

Good timing, I was going to ask if the DLC was worth getting having just finished the main game. Does it add extra story bits/bosses etc?

Yeh its quite lengthy too. Activities are only within a few districts on each DLC episode so your stuff like the bases, crimes and challenges are on each episode. 

It's an extra story with a new boss spread out over the 3 episodes. 

Would definitely recommend picking it up 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Finally completed all of the DLC for Spiderman. Genuinely up there as one of my favourite games of all time. Had a blast playing it and I really hope they do another game

Just gotta decide now what game out of about 10 to start now... thinking either Resident Evil 2 or God of War

God of War!

Really considering picking up Control. It looks so rad, and I'm a big fan of everything Remedy's done before. I was going to wait for a sale because I didn't think it'd review as well as it has done, but now I'm not so sure.

There's so much other stuff coming that will likely be a day one purchase (Death Stranding, DOOM Eternal, Jedi Fallen Order), so if I wait I likely won't get it until the new year, and then it has FFVII and Cyberpunk to contend with.

Gaming is an embarrassment of riches right now.

We're at the stage of a console generation where developers have figured out how to maximise the potential of the systems and are putting out quality titles. With the next Xbox and Playstation consoles reportedly using similar console architecture, it's a bit more likely that developers will be able to pick up where they left off, rather than having to learn the ropes all over again.

7 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

September's Playstation Plus games are Batman: Arkham Knight and Darksiders III.

AWESOME. I haven't played Arkham Knight yet, so I am stoked for that. Asylum and City are two of my favorite games.