The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

23 hours ago, Ollie said:

I wish I'd played the same Uncharted 2 that you guys played because the Uncharted 2 I played wasn't very good.

3 > 4 > 2 > 1 and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

I think you played the Chinese knockoff edition. That looked suspiciously like Super Mario Bros but in a different outfit and with different music.

On 11/09/2019 at 22:53, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I think you played the Chinese knockoff edition. That looked suspiciously like Super Mario Bros but in a different outfit and with different music.

Drakey Drakey Panic?

• Like 2

So its not a PS4 exclusive, but I bought Greedfall off PSN the other night.  Its a "budget" title, in the sense that a budget title on PC/PS4/XB1 still costs $50.

I'm about a dozen or so hours into it and, while it starts off slow, it gets really good.  Has a very MAss Effect/Dragon Age feel to it

6 hours ago, Lint said:

So its not a PS4 exclusive, but I bought Greedfall off PSN the other night.  Its a "budget" title, in the sense that a budget title on PC/PS4/XB1 still costs $50.

I'm about a dozen or so hours into it and, while it starts off slow, it gets really good.  Has a very MAss Effect/Dragon Age feel to it

Genuine question, you say it feels Bioware-y, but what did you expect when you bought the title? Like more in the vein of Divinity (top down squad RPG), Because action-RPG is definitely the vibe it gave me when I looked at it.

2 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Genuine question, you say it feels Bioware-y, but what did you expect when you bought the title? Like more in the vein of Divinity (top down squad RPG), Because action-RPG is definitely the vibe it gave me when I looked at it.

Honestly I really didn't have any expectations.  I read an article about it on some site and thought "Wow, that game sounds fun".  The game did mention companions and doing what more or less amounts to loyalty quests for them, but it never really stuck in my head that sort of like a Bioware game.  

Only real big issue I have is it can get VERY repetitive.  I did one quest line where I was trying to help establish peace between a tribal chief and a governor.  It pretty much goes

1.  GO to chief to hear peace proposal

2.  Go to governor to present peace deal

3.  Go back to chief with governors emissary 

4.  Wait 2 minutes while talks commence

5.  Go to ANOTHER chief to get him involved

6.  Go to original chief to let him know second chief accepted

7.  Go to meeting point of the two chiefd and the emissary

8.  Return to original chief to end quest

There is ust a whole lot of running back and  forth that gets very dull

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Honestly I really didn't have any expectations.  I read an article about it on some site and thought "Wow, that game sounds fun".  The game did mention companions and doing what more or less amounts to loyalty quests for them, but it never really stuck in my head that sort of like a Bioware game.  

Only real big issue I have is it can get VERY repetitive.  I did one quest line where I was trying to help establish peace between a tribal chief and a governor.  It pretty much goes

That's fair, I personally am still waiting on a price drop. But it seems like an interesting enough title, although probably a bit too expensive at fifty bucks. But I personally am kind of hungry for more action RPG's because I just want something to sink my teeth into, even if it has AA-title issues.

I bought this the other day, and yeah, it’s alright enough I guess. 

No idea what I’m doing combat wise, and there seems to be a whole bunch of running around to do side quests with 10 different checkpoints. Also it isn’t fully open world I don’t think, seems to be broken down into sections.

Fun enough though, but I highly doubt I’ll ever get around to finishing it.

On 15/09/2019 at 10:59, Lint said:

If I actually love every Bioware game is this something I would like then?