The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I went on to possibly try PES and we also got Detroit in Australia. I'm not upset about it. Like others, I've wanted to give it a go. I've played through Heavy Rain on PS3, is the PS4 edition any different? Does he just yell "JASON!" in higher quality?

• Haha 1

Pretty annoyed, have no interest in Detroit, or really, most games that come on PS+, and was really looking forward to finally trying out PES.

But oh well, back to only using Plus for online play.

I picked up Detroit, and this game is fantastic. Visually it looks more realistic than a movie, and I'm really enjoying the story and characters. Plus I'm a big Lance Henrikson fan and he's been pretty good so far. These last two months have been well worth the PS Plus subscription.

Detroit is a wonderful game

Spoiler

Still can't get over the whole back of the bus thing. David Cage: Master of Subtlety.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Detroit is a wonderful game

Hide contents

Still can't get over the whole back of the bus thing. David Cage: Master of Subtlety.

Spoiler

People criticise that, but at the end of the day, history is doomed to repeat itself. Look right now at the rise of right wing nationalism.

• Like 1

Ultimate Level on the Drone Challenges on Spiderman can go and get fucked. Proper struggling to do one of the four levels no matter how many times I try :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

From what I remember you don't need to perfect them to unlock all the suits.

I hope that's the case. 

Got Ultimate on 3 of them and the last one I've got spectacular. Got Ultimate on all the bomb challenges too. Just had that feeling that I had to get ultimate on everything in order to get the suits and the gadgets 

5 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I hope that's the case. 

Got Ultimate on 3 of them and the last one I've got spectacular. Got Ultimate on all the bomb challenges too. Just had that feeling that I had to get ultimate on everything in order to get the suits and the gadgets 

Fuck that shit. If that were the case then I'd never complete it. You just basically have to get them done and pass them to get everything.

Managed to do all the challenges and get the top grade  in the end.

Tbf it was just the drone ones I struggled with and one of the stealth ones but they were doable...eventually. Those drone ones did test my sanity for a bit

I made a start on Days Gone at the beginning of the week, putting about 3 hours into it. 

It's my kind of game. I like open worlds and needing to loot for supplies. Zombies have been done to death, sure, but there's plenty of variety in them here at least. 

But, I still can't decide if I like the gameplay or not. The hand to hand combat is good, but the shooting just feels weak to me. Moving around feels a bit clunky too. 

On 14/07/2019 at 21:26, Jericode said:

From what I remember you don't need to perfect them to unlock all the suits.

If you just want the suits you simply have to pass them. As far as gadgets are concerned, you can probably unlock them all that way as well. But if you want to fully upgrade all of them you'll need to perfect them.

Also they released an update to the game a couple weeks ago that adds two suits from "Far From Home" to the game.

I bought Tetris Effect in the current Summer Sale on PSN. I'd played the demo and quite enjoyed it, but I didn't quite see it as the great revelation that a lot of others did.

My mind is now changed. It's a lovely, dreamy experience that I'd highly recommend. The normal price of £34.99 is too steep, I'd say, and I was sceptical about paying £19.99, but I'm happy with my purchase.

• Like 1

So update on Rayman Legends, me and my son beat the story. Still tons of stuff to do and the game has tons of replay value. I think it's the best platformer ever admittedly,  I'm not usually good at or a fan of platform gamesut my kid is great at them. So actually both of my sons and I beat the last story boss. We came up with a plan and it actually worked. It was fucking awesome actually. 

The last platform game I beat, that I can remember is Ren and Stimpy on Sega Genesis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Wipeout Omega Collection and Sniper Elite 4 are the Playstation Plus games for next month.

Cool. I've wanted to at least try a Sniper Elite game, so that works for me.

On 25/07/2019 at 21:48, Bobfoc said:

I bought Tetris Effect in the current Summer Sale on PSN. I'd played the demo and quite enjoyed it, but I didn't quite see it as the great revelation that a lot of others did.

My mind is now changed. It's a lovely, dreamy experience that I'd highly recommend. The normal price of £34.99 is too steep, I'd say, and I was sceptical about paying £19.99, but I'm happy with my purchase.

I bought it pre-owned from CEX. Really fun, but yeah, glad I didn't pay full price for it.