World Cup 2010 Thread

The only way I could care less about this World Cup final is if I was to listen to that fat berk Chris Moyles and his unfunny sidekick 'Comedy' Dave to do the commentary to it.

For whatever reason Holland and Spain are just two teams that have never done anything for me. No interest or disinterest in either of them and that sucks for me as a neutral. If del Bosque would bring on Llorente (one man up front? At least make him a target) then I'd cheer on Spain but since he would rather play Villa up front on his own followed by an unfit Torres he clearly doesn't want to.

I'll probably watch it vaguely but, really, I'm not too interested in the final. Hope it's a good match though, for the tournaments sake.

Pretty chuffed that I've got the final I wanted when we got to the last 16. Two sides who are really good and have never lifted the trophy. Should be a good game, hopefully both will be allowed to play their usual game. Germany did well today and I've enjoyed watching them in this tournament, but Spain stepped it up in the second half and deserved to win.

I haven't seen pretty much any of the game, but I'm so glad Spain won. My Spain/Holland final is now gonna get me some money, and it should hopefully be a good game. Good to see that there'll be a new World Cup champ, hopefully it's the Spaniards.

I don't think the Dutch have been playing really well, they've been really lucky several times, but a wins a win. I'd love to see Torres finally find his form and score one but it was the right choice not to start him tonight. I still don't understand taking Villa off, especially not for Torres, but eh. Torres could have had a great chance to open his balance there but Pedro was far too greedy and fucked up. Hopefully we'll see better on Sunday.

I'm going out tonight so I'll have to catch this on iplayer when I get back. I quite fancy my chances of going the whole night without knowing the result though cause at least I won't have any stupid customers blurting it out to me this time.

wasn't really worth all the fuss...

I want Spain to win though. Because I have a Spain flag.

If Spain defeat Holland in the final, New Zealand will end up being the only unbeaten side at this year's World Cup.

It'll be a trivia question but a completely useless fact nonetheless considering they only played the group stages, whereas Holland went all the way to the final unbeaten, but whateva.

If Spain defeat Holland in the final, New Zealand will end up being the only unbeaten side at this year's World Cup.

It'll be a trivia question but a completely useless fact nonetheless considering they only played the group stages, whereas Holland went all the way to the final unbeaten, but whateva.

gucci_handbag.jpg

• Like 4

Take it outside, ladies.

Well anyway, what a boring match, I'm sure glad I watched it. I had a 1 squid bet on germany to win 4-2 with Klosse to score and the odds were 370-1, now I can see why.

I haven't seen pretty much any of the game, but I'm so glad Spain won. My Spain/Holland final is now gonna get me some money, and it should hopefully be a good game. Good to see that there'll be a new World Cup champ, hopefully it's the Spaniards.

I don't think the Dutch have been playing really well, they've been really lucky several times, but a wins a win. I'd love to see Torres finally find his form and score one but it was the right choice not to start him tonight. I still don't understand taking Villa off, especially not for Torres, but eh. Torres could have had a great chance to open his balance there but Pedro was far too greedy and fucked up. Hopefully we'll see better on Sunday.

Holland have played pretty much as well as what Spain have in this tournament, if not better.

I'll be rooting them on without a doubt. Said at the start of the tournament that I'd be happy if anybody but Spain wins this. Expecting a really close match though. Weirdly I'm more looking forward to the third place play off, which I expect goals galore.

I loved that match. I dunno why. I know there was a draught of chances. But I seem to have a boner for aimless ball retention :shifty:

Now, come on Holland! I could be in Amsterdam watching the final if any of my mates actually possessed a fucking passport <_<

Also, how fucking good is Pique? Jesus. He can pass better than any midfielder England have got. I can see him completely revolutionising the centre back position in the years to come, and maybe even bring back the sweeper.

Edited by Pesci