2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

The Jags really need to decide on a scheme and stick to it. As everybody else here already said, teal is a great colour, no reason to change.

I prefer more traditional looks though, the Giants' and Packers' uniforms are simple in design but are timeless nonetheless. I'd like to see the Giants have an alternative again though just to mix things up. Even if it's a simple throwback or else a modified version of the short-lived red jersey.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The red jersey is super dumb, especially when they wear it and their fans spend the entire time chanting "GO BIG BLUE!"

• Like 1

It's no different than any other team using an alternative colour. Especially when the road jerseys have no blue in them at all already. Not saying I want the red ones back anyway, just want another jersey something like '86 throwbacks or something similar.

It would but they seem so obsessed with avoiding helmet to helmet hits that they're not counting for the amount of sternum, neck and spinal injuries this would have on runners who would essentially be unable to brace themselves for hits.

They need to do something though. A lot of the defenseless hits defenders get flagged for only happen because the runner changes the location of their head before the defender can adjust. It's won't be perfect but offers a counterpoint to the idea that the defenders are the ones solely to blame for helmet to helmet hits.

So the Patriots apparently offered Wes Welker more money than Denver offered (before Free Agency), but he turned it down thinking he could get a better deal. Denver offered their deal (which was well below the deal Patriots offered him) and Wes went to the Pats to match it, but the Patriots already considered Welker gone and agreed to sign Danny Amendola so they no longer were interested in paying Welker the money Denver was willing to pay him (thus why the report came out that Patriots offered Welker a weak deal). Bob Kraft said yesterday that if Welker called the Patriots a day earlier, he would be re-signed now and he would have never went to Denver. So it all came down to timing and the Patriots weren't stiffing him out of a deal he deserved.

YEa...I read on, I think, ESPN that Kraft basically blamed Welkers agents for Wlker not being re-signed. And apparently Hernandez has the same agents as Welker, so I guess next season BRady can kiss him goodbye..

With the new rules the NFL are trying to get about how it is a penalty when a runner puts their head down, would it cause more injuries if they are always standing up and tall?

Cause I think so

As a former running back in high school and college, I understand why they want this to become a penalty to avoid helmet to helmet, but does the NFL know how hard it would be for any running back NOT to drop their helmet to protect both themselves and the ball?

With the new rules the NFL are trying to get about how it is a penalty when a runner puts their head down, would it cause more injuries if they are always standing up and tall?

Cause I think so

As a former running back in high school and college, I understand why they want this to become a penalty to avoid helmet to helmet, but does the NFL know how hard it would be for any running back NOT to drop their helmet to protect both themselves and the ball?

Jim Brown seems to think it's more than possible.

They've also banned peel-back hits which is something that is long overdue and changed the ways you can block a field goal. In one way I think they've made it a little harder to block a field goal since it's presumably harder to break through the line and get to the holder, but you generally only block field goals if the kick is low to start with and they didn't make players any shorter.

An interesting insight to the Jaguars previous regime:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2013/03/20/what-nfl-owner-shahid-khan-learned-in-his-rookie-season/

The previous GM was a fucking idiot (the guy who drafted a punter in the 3rd round of the draft). He truly believed the team was very close to being a contender :rolleyes:

An interesting insight to the Jaguars previous regime:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/3/20/4128210/shad-khan-jaguars-2013

The previous GM was a fucking idiot (the guy who drafted a punter in the 3rd round of the draft). He truly believed the team was very close to being a contender :rolleyes:

I'm not buying it. <_<

Really though, that was to be expected. They've been terrible for a long time for a reason and usually it stems from the top down.

Wow the it seems like almost all the Ravens' defense is gone at this point, interesting to see how they handle the Superbowl hangover with a lot of new pieces.

I wish the Victor Cruz deal would get done already or if somebody is going to bite on the first round tender, they do it so everybody can move on.