2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

Yeah, I hope he retires for his own sake, he had multiple concussions last year so we never really got to see him action.

Shame really. Thanksfully Cecil Shorts III had a breakout year and Blackmon was a beast in the second half of the season.

Oh and the Jags have signed Geno Hayes (LB) from Chicago, don't really know much about him aside from he's from near Jacksonville.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lions have signed Reggie Bush (RB), Jason Jones (DE), and Glover Quinn (S) has agreed to terms apparently also. Also re-signed Chris Houston (CB) and re-structured Suh. Not a bad haul in the beginning of free agency, but we still have a lot of needs on the D, at DE, Safety still, OLB, and another CB.

Yeah, he was destined to end up there or New Orleans if he was going to leave the Pats. I was actually hoping he'd end up on the Saints, adding another layer to an already silly offense.

Wonderful, I never get tired of seeing the Patriots refuse to give big contracts to guys who bust their ass for them. It's The Patriot Way! This will no doubt piss off Brady, which translates to smiles for Maxx.

• Like 1

Yeah, probably. But I'm sure they want Welker there. It's just ridiculous that you're so stubborn that you'd basically tell the guy, "Take this cause like hell you'll get anything better." And, yet, here we are.

He apparently signed for 2 years/12 million total. Surely the New England could have matched that, but they probably pissed off Welker by low-balling him.

Edited by HeadCheese

I love that every time Tom Brady re-negotiates his deal and takes a lower deal than he's worth so the Pats can conserve cap space...the Pats respond by lowballing all his favorite teammates and letting them walk. Never gets old.

I expect him to just retire whenever it's time to negotiate with Gronk.

Holy shit, Welker is a Bronco! Interesting to see how he plays outside of the Patriot comfort blanket, could be a piotal signing for the donkeys though.

It's a very un-Patriots move, but with Victor Cruz out there for just a first, could they make a move?

Holy shit, Welker is a Bronco! Interesting to see how he plays outside of the Patriot comfort blanket, could be a piotal signing for the donkeys though.

It's a very un-Patriots move, but with Victor Cruz out there for just a first, could they make a move?

He'll be a better version of what Brandon Stokley was in his prime, or what Austin Collie showed potential to be before getting injured.

I don't think so. Cruz is asking for Wes Welker money, which the Giants are kind of unwilling to give him, and the Patriots probably don't want to give him. Especially if they wouldn't give it to Welker. Amendola seems like the best bet to New England.

Patriots are thinking long-term and Broncos are thinking short-term. Smart moves by both teams (given their situations). Tom Brady may be disappointed but he'll get over it. Bellichick and management did what they thought what was best for the team. Welker did what he thought was best for him. Brady signed the contract knowing that this was a possibility (I doubt they would have told him otherwise if they were willing to let Welker walk for so little).