2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets want the Bucs to give up their first round pick this year for Revis. The Bucs are content to tell them take their 2014 pick or fuck off. Always a great idea to surrender all your leverage and tell the league you're dead set on trading a player before free agency even starts.

Nah. Prime reason is that they can get out of the contract in two years and not have to pay as much as they would have for Welker.

It's all still a pretty big slap in the face of Welker, though.

1-cc7ff09e29.jpg

2-edff123f17.jpg

• Like 1

If the Jets blow hard enough this year, than they have a shot at Clowney, Teddy Bridgewater, or Johnny Football. Of course, they won't tank on purpose because Rex Ryan is trying to save his job, but if the season is a lost cause halfway through, they might as well can Rex early and go into full-on suck ass mode. That shouldn't be hard for them, just throw Sanchez or Tebow out there.

Edited by HeadCheese

Per Adam Shefter on Twitter..

-Eagles signed Giants safety KEnny Phillips and Ravens corner Cary Williams.

-MAtt Cassel will "compete" for the Vikings starting QB job. If he can't beat out Ponder..

-Steven Jackson signs with the Falcons

-Niners are meeting with Nnamdi Asomugha

I seriously doubt Nnamdi Asomugha ends up with San Fran. From what I am reading, the Niners do not want to pay Charles Woodson. I would imagine Nnamdi's salary would be double that of Woodson's. I know cornerbacks are worth more but I still don't see the penny-savy Sana Clara bunch making it rain for Asomugha.

49ers/Woodson didn't even talk salary during his visit so that's not really true. I also don't think Asomugha will be demanding much, especially if it means going back home (he's from the area and went to Cal) and to play for a contender.

After his last 2 seasons in Philly, I don't think Nnamdi could demand that much anyway :/

After his last 2 seasons in Philly, I don't think Nnamdi could demand that much anyway :/

This. There's no way he's gonna demand Woodson money. He'd be a laughing stock.

Michael Bennet and Cliff Avril, two solid DE's both end up in Seattle. I do find it funny that Avril turned down 3 years, 30 million last year but agreed to 2 years 15 million after bitching that he wanted to get paid. No offense Cliff, we appreciated your time here, but a lot of us believe your numbers may have been inflated playing next to a great DT unit. Still, good luck all the same.

Well S Jax. signed with Atlanta. I know Ted Thompson is a great general manager and GB are still a contender next year, but it sure does suck watching everyone else's team improve, while your team does pretty much nothing, like always.

Sorry, I can't sympathize with you when your team is 3 years removed from a Super Bowl and have one of the 3 best QBs in the league.

• Like 4

Sorry, I can't sympathize with you when your team is 3 years removed from a Super Bowl and have one of the 3 best QBs in the league.

We should be a dynasty, though. :crying: