Football Manager 2014

Dan

Won the Capital One Cup with Ipswich! Lord knows how I'll cope with European football next season. Still battling to stay up!

The Europa League has pretty much killed my second season with Villa. I'm 13th at Christmas, but I did make it through to the knockout stage. We are playing awful in the league, most of my players have around a 6.80 average. Bony and Nathan Dyer (who I got on a free) are pretty much carrying my team. I signed Mulumbu from relegated WBA for £5m to shore up my midfield but he has been a massive flop.

Won the Capital One Cup with Ipswich! Lord knows how I'll cope with European football next season. Still battling to stay up!

The Europa League has pretty much killed my second season with Villa. I'm 13th at Christmas, but I did make it through to the knockout stage. We are playing awful in the league, most of my players have around a 6.80 average. Bony and Nathan Dyer (who I got on a free) are pretty much carrying my team. I signed Mulumbu from relegated WBA for £5m to shore up my midfield but he has been a massive flop.

I think more than anything I need a consistent striker. McGoldrick is my top scorer with 16 goals in all comps up to March, but that mostly score a brace, do nothing for a couple of weeks, score brace, repeat. Nouble is poor, but seems to score on the big occasions, and then after those two I have Paul Taylor, Ebanks-Blake, and Daryl Murphy, who aren't really good enough to do much.

It doesn't help matters that I've had Pantilimon out for a couple of months, and Lingard and Allione seem to take turns on the treatment table, with Allione out for the season now. Got a 6 point cushion between me and the relegation zone, but it's all too scary for me!

Edited by Hughes

Yeah. He's on his own in the striker position as a TM, scoring 44 in the first season (32 league) and 40 the second (30 league). So it's been working for me, at least.

Daaaam. Never considered playing RVP like that. Will have to give it a try.

First game of the new season, beat Arsenal 3-1, two for RVP. Starting as he means to go on...

I managed to sign Balanta for £5.5m in the January window. Doesn't he become one of the best CB's in the game? I slapped a £20m release clause on him, hopefully I can flog him after a few good seasons.

I had an awful defence so I've had to completely rebuild it. Okore and Clark out, Balanta and Timm Klose in, both for £5.5m each. Valencia paid £10.5m for Okore!