Football Manager 2014

Dan

Got to say, after the ridiculous transfers my DOF tries at Auxerre, id like to do a file where you have to accept whatever your DOF does.

I have essentially that, but with youth players my HOY signs.

The only thing I get to do is have a final say on the matter, and he does the rest from paying and negotiating the deal.

And I gotta say, if you have a really talented HOY, he can find some absolute gems without you having to lift a finger.

I also let HOY/DOF sell/loan my Transfer/Loan listed players. If they're transfer listed I don't give a crap. and with the loanees I only prune the offers to not include anything lower than first team/key player.

Got to say, after the ridiculous transfers my DOF tries at Auxerre, id like to do a file where you have to accept whatever your DOF does.

On 13, I had a game with Wolves where I let the DOF handle my transfers. So, he signed us the players to get us out of the division, survive in the Premier League and even finish in the top 8 by the time I decided to leave and go elsewhere. It's interesting since it allows you to focus on the tactical side of the game. Want to play a 4-3-3 with lots of possession around the box and strikers running in behind? Tough, here's Jordan Rhodes and Steven Fletcher and we've spent £14 million on them so they're going to have to play.

One thing the DOF tends to do is overpay but at the same time, he often gets really good prices for the players you're trying to shift on. To go one further, you let him hire your staff members too to end up with 15 coaches who are all good at the same thing. Letting your head of Youth Development sign the younger players basically takes all the control out of your hands but yeah, means you can concentrate on slagging other managers off and complaining when they don't sign the centre half cover you need.

In my diary game:

Javier Hernandez

* Manchester United 2010 - 2015 [72 goals in 178 games]

Signs for FC Barcelona for £10.75 million

* FC Barcelona 2015 - 2018 [43 goals in 104 games]

Signs for Manchester City for £12.25 million

* Manchester City 2018 - 2019 [21 goals in 42 games]

Switching sides in Manchester via Barcelona? Sly fucker. :shifty:

So far my DOF has tried to get the following:

Kevin Volland - £12.75m (Met his release clause but he chose Real Madrid, because let's face it, who wouldn't?)

Sofiane Feghouli - £11.75m (Second choice apparently, but he actually signed, and is a great start.)

Erik Sviatchenko - £2.9m (Some young Danish centre back I've never heard of, but he's better than my entire current CB selection, so not complaining.)

Happy with this so far.

Failed to get Sviatchenko, so he got me the better Ron Vlaar for 6m. He's doing a grand job.

I downloaded a Gibraltar League add-on and after three rounds of league games (twelve matches), no goals have been scored.

The best finisher in the league has four for finishing. :/

• Like 3

I downloaded a Gibraltar League add-on and after three rounds of league games (twelve matches), no goals have been scored.

I want to download this right now.

I want to download this right now.

It's in the Steam Workshop.