Football Manager 2014

Dan

Jordan Rhodes has been awful for me. But I think that's because I always seem to struggle to get my strikers to score, it always seems like the attacking midfield three scores the goals.

I've got Stanciu as an advanced playmaker on attack and the two wingers on attack with Rhodes as a poacher. Stanciu is on roam from position and move into channels whilst Rhodes is on hold position and move into channels.

There any advice in how I can get Rhodes to score more?

Jordan Rhodes has been awful for me. But I think that's because I always seem to struggle to get my strikers to score, it always seems like the attacking midfield three scores the goals.

I've got Stanciu as an advanced playmaker on attack and the two wingers on attack with Rhodes as a poacher. Stanciu is on roam from position and move into channels whilst Rhodes is on hold position and move into channels.

Don't use him as a poacher, they just don't get into the game on this version.

Also, you've given him contradicting instructions, you want him to be a poacher holding position, playing on the shoulder but you also want him to move into channels, which means you want him to drop into the space between the midfield and the defence.

So I accidentally lost my Athletic save, pretty gutted about that.

I decided to start in Brazil for a change. Started in the midst of ABC's season (july), and I got tasked with getting a decent spot in the Serie B... I did one better and got 3rd place against all odds.

So that's all nice, I make a few signings in the off-season. Most known ones being Fran Merida (that kid from Arsenal) and Willian José (that kid from Real) who I got under 100K combined.

I'm playing as ABC, so I'm in one of the shittiest regional leagues in Brazil of Potiguar. I easily sweep the regionals and get ABC's 53rd regional title, big whoop. Also reached the semi finals of the North-east Cup losing against Vitoria, so that's reasonable.

Anyways, I'm going into the Brasileiro knowing full well that it's gonna be a hard and gruesome season with many painful losses and few if any wins. I'm aiming for a 16th spot, and that's just enough to survive the season...

Well, it didn't exactly end up being pure suffering as I expected it to be. In fact, after 38 games I finish in 7th place! 7th of 20, 9 spots above my personal projection!

Willian José became shared 2nd in scoring in the league with 18 goals and pretty much lead the charge, Lucio Curio was also good with 12 goals himself.

So yeah, There's a potential chance that I can get into the low-continental cup with my final position, which would be insane... I also had a great influx of youth talents, had 6 players with 4.5* potential or higher, and also managed to pick up 5 more from lower teams.

The amount of talent that's present in Brazil is just sickening and if I keep this up this team will no doubt start owning the league sooner rather than later... Some kids I picked up weren't even in the active league system, and still had 4.5/5* potential.

Can't wait for the next season, which will be infinitely harder and i'm not expecting to finish as high as I did this year.

Don't use him as a poacher, they just don't get into the game on this version.

Also, you've given him contradicting instructions, you want him to be a poacher holding position, playing on the shoulder but you also want him to move into channels, which means you want him to drop into the space between the midfield and the defence.

In my first game on FM I had Soldado as a poacher and he was top scorer in the Prem. I think it can work, just not as much as it has/should.