Football Manager 2014

Dan

I really hope they can attempt to sort out the match engine for FM2015. Since FM2012 its been getting worse and some of the stuff that happens is so frustrating :(

It's your tactics.

I really hope they can attempt to sort out the match engine for FM2015. Since FM2012 its been getting worse and some of the stuff that happens is so frustrating :(

I know the feeling man. The way you concede most goals is borderline infuriating. Only a small fraction are goals you go ''yes, that's all on their offense and not because my defense are playing like used condoms''.

Yours too.

If it was my tactics I wouldn't be winning games. It's the dumb shit that happens in general not just going against me but the stuff that goes for me as well. It's a good game but they need to focus on sorting the match engine out instead of always adding new things.

Well, I conceded 1 goal (from a free kick) over the course of 16 games last season and I've conceded 2 (1 penalty and a tap in) in 12 so far this season playing a fluid attacking 4132, so those 'stupid match engine mistakes' can obviously be eliminated.

Then there are those occasions where your goalkeeper punts the ball into the striker standing two feet in front of him, and stands motionless when the striker runs behind and smashes the ball into the open net.

But otherwise, I agree with Gazz. :shifty:

Decided to set myself some rules a new United save:

1. Can only sign two players in the transfer window.

2. Any further transfers can only come at the expense of a player at the club, so a one in, one out system. This doesn't apply in the first transfer window where I can only make two transfers.

3. Every month of the season at least one player under the age of 21 must debut. They must finish the season having played in every competition possible at the time they debuted (So a player debuting in April will at most have the FA Cup, Champions League and Premier League to play in).

4. Any player that joined in real life cannot be brought. So no Shaw, Mata, Herrera, etc.

5. Any new staff members must have either played for United or have at least one cap for their nation. Any of the staff who left when Moyes came in can't be rehired.

6. Any player over the age of 30 can't have their contract renewed.

The last thing I remember seeing was a tweet by Miles Jacobson at the start of July saying something about feature announcements being in October, so I'm guessing we'll be waiting till September.

I thought they might have suggested a release date but going from the previous ones I imagine it'll be the start of November.

Does anyone find it strange that it's now August and we've heard absolutely nothing about FM15?

Using the logic displayed in the WWE2k15 thread, if they haven't shown anything yet then it must be shit.

• Like 3

Got Auxerre up the first season, mostly due to the goals of on loan Cauley Woodrow. However, to keep a few of my better players from leaving, I had to cancel my other loanees at the end of the season to give me enough money to sign some more contracts.

Difficult balancing act due to the money, but fun so far.

Edited by Captain Condom
  • Like 1