Football Manager 2014

Dan

Ugh... I just cannot get into a lower league game. My Bishop Stortford team look like world beaters one minute, then score own goals from 25 yards the next. I'm not sure this is the best version of FM for the lower leagues.

Gonna do what I did in my Hoffenheim game and click random until I get a top division side in England, Germany, Italy or Spain.

I don't know what type of tactic to do...I have a tactic I made which is very possession based but quick attacking which from experience works wonders when you are a decent levelled team but I can never make tactics that suit the shitness of the Skrill North etc.

It's hard especially considering I start off with no players whatsoever and have to build a squad from scratch

Decided to start a new FM but going for a challenge. I've edited the data so I've moved my local non-league team Prescot Cables and put them in the Skrill North replacing some team predicted 22nd.

They have no players and one staff member. So this should be an interesting challenge to try and build Prescot into an unstoppable force.

The only time Prescot's been an unstoppable force is when he's at a buffet.

• Like 2

Decided to start a new FM but going for a challenge. I've edited the data so I've moved my local non-league team Prescot Cables and put them in the Skrill North replacing some team predicted 22nd.

They have no players and one staff member. So this should be an interesting challenge to try and build Prescot into an unstoppable force.

The only time Prescot's been an unstoppable force is when he's at a buffet.

Or whenever eggs get threw at him.

I've always wanted to start an FM game and try to use a very old school formation like 2-3-5, 2-2-6, 1-3-3-3 or the WM or WW and see if I can make anything of it. I tried it with a lower league mod and used the Met Police team, but I couldn't be arsed.

I've always wanted to start an FM game and try to use a very old school formation like 2-3-5, 2-2-6, 1-3-3-3 or the WM or WW and see if I can make anything of it. I tried it with a lower league mod and used the Met Police team, but I couldn't be arsed.

You might just get 2-3-5 variant to work, though the three would probably be complete wing backs and the middle guy a defensive mid of somekind.

You might just get 2-3-5 variant to work, though the three would probably be complete wing backs and the middle guy a defensive mid of somekind.

That would be a WM.

Might try and get it to work...

Got my Auxerre team promoted with 5 games to go! The team's starting to look good and will hopefully be ready for Ligue 1. Lost one of my best midfielders cos he wouldn't sign a new contract as he wanted to move to a bigger club, so he's off to Genk. The club is massively in debt, and while I won't lost anyway else, a lot of big stars contract run out next year and I can't afford to give them news ones. Hopefully the promotion will sort some finances out. I've sold about 4 mil's worth in players and bought none. Refused a 5 mil offer for one 16 year old who has 5 star potential and is already worth 2 mil. It's a fun file, and I'm really enjoying bringing through the youth. I barely have anyone in my squad over 28.

I doubt I'll be able to hold on to Tom Ince. He's scored 25 goals in 33 games. And he is one whose contract will be down to a year at the start of next season. I got him on a free though, so it'll be nice profit, I just can't reinvest at the moment as I only get 10%.

Got my Auxerre team promoted with 5 games to go! The team's starting to look good and will hopefully be ready for Ligue 1. Lost one of my best midfielders cos he wouldn't sign a new contract as he wanted to move to a bigger club, so he's off to Genk. The club is massively in debt, and while I won't lost anyway else, a lot of big stars contract run out next year and I can't afford to give them news ones. Hopefully the promotion will sort some finances out. I've sold about 4 mil's worth in players and bought none. Refused a 5 mil offer for one 16 year old who has 5 star potential and is already worth 2 mil. It's a fun file, and I'm really enjoying bringing through the youth. I barely have anyone in my squad over 28.

I doubt I'll be able to hold on to Tom Ince. He's scored 25 goals in 33 games. And he is one whose contract will be down to a year at the start of next season. I got him on a free though, so it'll be nice profit, I just can't reinvest at the moment as I only get 10%.

Was the Auxerre team decent enough to start off with?

I hate giving friendly arranging responsibilities to my assistant sometimes. Aguero and Pantilimon both have testimonials this summer, so I though they'd be given matches against Atletico/Timisoara, or something like that.

Nope. Aguero gets Petrolul of Romania and Costel is given a match against Sturm Graz. How does that work?

Was the Auxerre team decent enough to start off with?

Yeah. Could've got promoted in the first season had I not gone on a horrible run. Likewise, would have in the 2nd if I could've been consistent. There are barely any stars in the team, and instead has a lot of players with potential. But, as someone's said, more importantly, you get fantastic regens. It's actually been good to be in Ligue 2 because they develop quicker.

I'm only on my 3rd season but I already have 4 regens in my team. They're good enough for Ligue 2 in a formation that compliments them and they have huge potential. It's a really fun way of doing things, cos I like breaking the youth in, and to be able to have three of four 17 year olds in your team is pretty cool. You have to take a chance on them and all that, but it's working out nicely enough for me.

Only annoying thing is my academy keeps producing really good wingers, but I don't use them in my formation. My first 18 months in charge just had under-performing wingers. Instead I have over performing complete wing backs. Just means I have to keep finding way to incorporate them. My biggest potential is a winger, but I'm now using him in attacking midfield behind Tom Ince and it's starting to work.