Football Manager 2014

Dan

The naming system for new stadiums is wonderfully simple.

Looking through some facility information to find that at the end of the season, I'm apparently moving Chelsea out of Stamford Bridge and into the brand new, 58550 seater...

...Chelsea Stadium.

Also just as fantastic, Tottenham left White Hart Lane in 2016 to relocate to...

...New White Hart Lane.

:lol:

In other Spurs news, they've changed manager every season, and have gotten progressively worse in terms of league position.

Tim Sherwood -> Sacked October '13 -> Guus Hiddink -> Left July '14 to take the Bayern job -> Ottmar Hitzfield -> Sacked February '15 -> Michael Laudrup -> Sacked December '16 -> Ricardo Moniz -> Sacked November '17 when new owners bought the club -> Josep Guardiola -> Sacked September '18 -> Ciro Ferrara.

Ridiculous.

Oh, and I'm 14 points clear in the league in the middle of February, in the Capitol One Cup Final against Everton (my boys! :D) and about to square off with Barcelona in the Champions League. Season's going well!

EDIT: Giroud scored 12 league goals for Everton in January o_O he needs a hat trick to break the all-time league record.

Didn't Tottenham often build the Glenn Hoddle Arena on a number of games?

I remember games where Chelsea would move to the Zola Stadium. I would rather see stadiums get named after ex players or be New whatever rather than just <Insert Club Name Here> Stadium. The latter just sounds so awfully generic.

New White Hart Lane is an actual thing.

new-white-hart_lan_1775951i.jpg

With stuff like that, you need to use a bit of creative license, for example, The Emirates Stadium's official non-sponsored name is 'Arsenal Stadium' and is called such for Champions League games.

So you just have to imagine that 'Chelsea Stadium' is in fact 'The Taco Bell Arena'.

• Like 1

The Chelsea Stadium is still better than one name I saw it get once: The Cole Arena.

That was named after Queen Cheryl, King William's second wife...

On the last FM I was managing Welling and got the Premier League and had a new stadium that was given one of the shit "Welling Stadium" names, so I just made one of those EDT files and gave them my own suitably low-rent shitty name. "The Welling House of Carpets Arena".

What Cobresol legend King William up to nowadays? I can't remember his real name to look him up!

Anderson Bill.

• Like 1