Football Manager 2014

Dan

Won the title again (H)

Got Manager of the Year again (H)

Lukaku got Golden Boot (H)

Markovic got Player's Player of the Year (H)

Lost the FA Cup Final to Arsenal, of all teams :crying:

Signed two more South American youngsters as squad boosters, a centre back and a spare right winger who's gonna be loaned off for a bit.

I am super happy with Gaston Gil Romero. He's absolutely solid in the midfield, and whilst he doesn't score many, he only deals in worldies. Class finisher. Can't believe how cheap I got him. Him and Lazar Markovic have easily been my outstanding purchases this season.

Lars Bender is being a cunt though <_< He wanted to leave at the start of the season because he wanted to be in the Champions League, I convinced him to stay by saying we'd win the title, he agreed, the day before the final game, he hands in his transfer request saying I haven't achieved my aim. Tempted to sell the prick and buy his brother out of spite.

Time for Operation Champions League.

EDIT: Cech and Lampard have both just told me they plan to retire at the end of the season, I might cry. :crying:

Argentina have retained the World Cup, having beaten Spain in the final this time.

Summer transfers so far!

Outs

Lars Bender > Real Madrid (18.25m)

Bertrand Traore > Athletico Madrid (17m)

Andreas Christensen > Frankfurt (3.2m)

Paulinho de la Fuente > Leverkusen (8m)

Dion Conroy > Fulham (5m)

Ins

Soares < Atletico Minero (1.4m)

Gonzalo Grelak < Lanus (Free)

Luka Modric < Real Madrid (4.5m)

Kurt Zouma < Real Madrid (24m)

Soares and Grelak are the South American youngsters I mentioned before. Modric was a steal, and I bought Zouma back because I seriously need to patch up my defence and just really like Zouma. Bender left for the aforementioned 'being a massive twat', and the rest of the outs were basically just me seeing how much I could mug people off for. Can't believe Atletico Madrid gave me 17m for Traore, he's been extremely underwhelming.

One final signing - Lee Nicholls as a back-up goalkeeper, primarily due to a severe lack of home grown talent. The only home grown players in my first team were Chalobah and Boga, thanks to Cech and Lampard's retirements. Both have become staff members instead though, so they aren't lost.

In other amazing transfer news:

CarlosTevez_OverviewProfile_zps3bc69c25.

7 wins from 7 in the league so far this season, along with a comfortable win over Sheffield in the Capitol One Cup. Two 1-0 losses to CSKA and defending champions Bayern Munich have put the Champions League in real danger though.

Oh, and I successfully applied for the France job. International management time, baby. (H)

I'm in 2021/22 with City, still have a few of the current crop in my side- Pantilimon, Hart, Nastasic, Kompany, and Aguero, the last three being club legends. Kompany pissed me off a few seasons prior so I took the armband off of him, gave it to Big Costel.

Had a shit start to the season, so now I'm playing catch up in 5th heading in to the new year. My next game is against Derby, managed by Joleon Lescott!

I have more regens than originals in my starting XI now, I love it when I can take a game this far!

Decided to start a new game despite being completely jaded with FM14...

Decided to take Feyenoord and play THE 5-3-2.

Decided to win the league in my first season.

I love this game again :D

Just wondering if anyone has seen any effect. I got a Japanese merch feeder. Would it give me a merch bump if I was to sign a Japanese player? Because if so I will sign the shittiest japanese player ever and rake in the money.

Decided to start a new game despite being completely jaded with FM14...

Decided to take Feyenoord and play THE 5-3-2.

Decided to win the league in my first season.

I love this game again :D

Just wondering if anyone has seen any effect. I got a Japanese merch feeder. Would it give me a merch bump if I was to sign a Japanese player? Because if so I will sign the shittiest japanese player ever and rake in the money.

Does Shinjo Ono still play? :shifty:

2-0 up against Southampton, draws the game 2-2.

2-0 up against Fulham, they pull it back to 2-2, I dominate the game only to lose to a last minute Phil Jones OG. Fantastic. My defence had started the season so well, too.

Oh well, still joint top and I've got Spurs next, the team I'm level on pts with. They always seem to do ridiculously well in my FM games. More often than not, they challenge for the title.

I've noticed that the keepers pul off some great saves in the Vita version, when it seems like a guaranteed goal.

If it makes you feel better, Spurs have finished the last two Prem seasons 10th on mine.

My Prem top 8 have been largely predictable, just in a different order each time - Man City, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle. Except Aston Villa and Norwich have taken a turn forcing Spurs out.

Couldn't overhaul Chelsea for the title in the end, finished a point behind despite only losing three league games all season.

Did win the Champions League though, beat PSG on penalties after a 2-2 draw, then Chelsea 4-2, then Dortmund on pens after two 0-0 draws and defending champions Bayern Munich 2-1 in the final.

You can't imagine how pleased I am to see Chelsea just spunk £53m, rising to £63m on a 23 year old Argentinian regen from Milan who scored 82 in 144 for them over the last 4 seasons and basically ended Aguero's international career when he was 19...

The AI is a bit silly sometimes, I just sold Moi Gomez to Man Utd for £42m and they've given him a £145k per week contract, three times what I was paying him.

But he's also got a clause that after one international appearence, he gets a wage increase to £200k per week, which considering he is in the Spain Euro 2020 squad and is on a five year contract, could cost them an extra £15m. Not to mention Ward-Prowse has a match highest earner clause, so he'll get another £50k per week too, all for one cap.