Football Manager 2014

Dan

My tactic is based off my United game with 3 central players behind a lone striker. In my United game (on career mode), my left and right AMs will constantly shoot from ridiculously angles instead of squaring to an unmarked centre forward. With a very similar formation (with admittedly different tactical instructions), on classic mode, this isn't happening and I'm rejoicing in the fact my players are squaring the ball for easy tap ins. So yeah, classic "seems" easier to me so far, even though it probably isn't. Gonna start a new save with England, Italy, Germany and Spain playable and play with a random top division side to see if the tactic is as useful in the normal mode.

Wow, I lost 3 league games in a row and then drew one and got sacked.

The Brighton board are a bit ruthless. Not even ten games played and we were just three points off the play offs.

So it would seem that tactics do transfer well from classic to normal. Started a game and randomised until I got a top division side;

December2013-LeagueTable_zpsd80323ba.png

Top at Christmas!!

Can't see it staying this way, but a Champions League (or even Europa League) finish would be way above the pre-season prediction of 10th.

Kevin Volland is my star with 18 goals in 20 games and Alex McCarthy in goal has been a great signing from Reading.

Also knocked Bayern out of the cup on penalties and with Dortmund out as well, and a home draw in the quarters, we've got a good chance of going on to win it.

The comically named Gayson Challenger just won the MoM award in a reserve game for pulling off a string of excellent saves.

He's a striker.

• Like 1

Finally won the CONCACAF Champions League with Toronto! Mainly down to somehow nabbing Connor Wickham on a free and on a 5 year non-DP contract too!

I'm also manager of Canada now too and have a slim chance to qualify for the 2018 World Cup! It helps that I have Junior Hoilett and surprisingly Jonathan De Guzman available to me. Virtual De Guzman is less of a traitor than the real version, hurray! My squad just got massively boosted too due to my Toronto midfield trio are now eligible. So I'll have an American and two Brazilians in midfield for the Gold Cup and remainder of the World Cup campaign. This includes my captain, Pablo!

zuf8dj.png

That little Brazil flag will be a Maple Leaf soon enough.Thank you Canadian citizenship laws :wub:

• Like 1

Decided to make a proper start on the Vita version. I wanted to create something resembling the current Man Utd team, but with 12mil to spend, that was going to be tricky.

Luckily, Monaco were silly enough to pay a combined £25m for Cleverley and Smalling, Arsenal paid £15m for Evans, and I got £6m for Vidic from Chelsea when he would have gone for free if I'd kept him. Oh, Dortmund bought Kagawa back for 20m too.

Brought in 4 players - Shaw and Herrera for about 50mil, Montoya from Barca for 12, and Ezequiel Garay for 14. Luckily, none of them are full fees up front, so I was able to get the deals done.

Beat Wigan 3-0 in the Comm Shield, and started the league campaign with two 1-0 wins over Palace (Garay) and Cardiff (Rooney).

I line up something like this;

DDG

Montoya

Jones

Garay

Evra

Fellaini

Herrera

Januzaj

Rooney

Mata

Van Persie

-----

Got decent cover everywhere apart from CB. Only Rio there, who I can't afford to let go just yet. I even rejected a 25m bid for Rafael from Barca because I lacked any proper cover. Will attempt to get a loan signing in or two, or just use some of my reserves if I get desperate.

I know this thread is for FM14 but I'm not resurrecting the FM12 version just to say this one thing. I've been playing a San Marino challenge save on and off for over a year now and I just beat Man City to qualify for the Champions League 2020/21. This comes a year after beating Napoli for the Copa Italia and beating Arsenal to qualify for the Europa League before being knocked out in the group stages.

Adam Campbell just broke the PL scoring record (35 goals in 37 apps) so I signed him to a new contract with a three year extension trigger.

You're mine! Forever! Muwhahahahaha! Well, eight years.

Finished third with in the end with Hoffenheim and won the cup!

Then, everything is ticking along nicely in pre-season. I've strengthened my squad with Fabio Borini, Dusan Tadic and Jonathan Dos Santos and boom - Real Madrid meet my star player, Kevin Volland's £12.75m release clause.

What fucking release clause?

Apparently he starts the game with it and I never noticed :(

He was my top scorer last season and was worth £25m. Trying to get Benzia now as a replacement.

Adam Campbell just broke the PL scoring record (35 goals in 37 apps) so I signed him to a new contract with a three year extension trigger.

You're mine! Forever! Muwhahahahaha! Well, eight years.

Don%27t_forget_you%27re_here_forever.jpg

Where's fun to do one of the bottom to top "Hero" achievements? I've been contemplating Scotland as it's not as much of a slog as England would be and it has familiar culture, but Spain or Brazil look nice and easy since it's only two promotions there.

Spain - 3 Leagues
Brazil - 3 Leagues

Scotland - 4 Leagues
Italy - 4 Leagues
France - 4 Leagues

English - 6 Leagues

Anyone got any suggestions for clubs?

Where's fun to do one of the bottom to top "Hero" achievements? I've been contemplating Scotland as it's not as much of a slog as England would be and it has familiar culture, but Spain or Brazil look nice and easy since it's only two promotions there.

Spain - 3 Leagues

Brazil - 3 Leagues

Scotland - 4 Leagues

Italy - 4 Leagues

France - 4 Leagues

English - 6 Leagues

Anyone got any suggestions for clubs?

Spain - Racing, Albacete or Cadiz

Brazil - Guarani FC (make sure you load all Brazilian players so you can sign the King...)

Scotland - Elgin, Stirling or Queens Park (which is a good challenge as you're amateur, so can't sign players to contracts, so they can be poached at any time).

Italy - AC Monza or Foggia

France - Cannes or Martigues

England - Ebbsfleet, Dover, Altrincham or Histon

Any team with a decent sized stadium and good (by comparison) training and youth facilities are good bets, as are 'fallen giants'.

• Like 1